Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
This Cocoa Almonds recipe is a naturally sweet recipe, sweetened with 100% pure maple syrup. This low-sugar, healthy, snack satisfies a chocolate craving without the guilt! (vegan, gluten-free, low sugar)
Table of contents
Hi Everyone, one of my husband’s favorite snacks is Cocoa Almonds.
My toddler son has also taken a shine to them.
I figured since so many of us love them we should have a recipe for them!
These Cocoa Almonds make a great edible gift for Christmas or a hostess gift.
You can also use honey in place of maple syrup, honey is a little sweeter than maple syrup so you may need to adjust the amount and it would also make it not vegan.
We like to take them hiking for a little energy boost or snack on them at night when watching a show.
They do not have any refined sugar in them and do not taste too sweet.
They are naturally sweetened with 100% pure maple syrup making them a low-sugar, vegan, healthier-for-you chocolate snack.
Ingredients for Cocoa Almonds
These are the ingredients for this Cocoa Almonds recipe, the exact amounts are in the full, printable recipe at the bottom of this recipe post:
- cocoa powder
- Kosher salt
- maple syrup
This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Cocoa Almonds
I linked to all my favorite kitchen tools in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- measuring spoons and cups
- rimmed baking sheet
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowls
- Silpat silicone baking mat
If you try and like this Cocoa Almonds recipe, please rate the recipe in the card below, and let us know how it works out in the comments at the bottom of the post, thank you for reading and following along!
Our Other Recipes & Posts
If you like this Cocoa Almonds recipe, then check out our other recipes and posts on the blog:
- Cherry Overnight Oats
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Almond Crescent Cookies
- 12 Memorial Day Recipes
- Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- Apple Crisp
- Candy Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easter Saltine Toffee
- Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Chia Pudding
- Ginger Golden Milk
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Homemade Autumn Harvest Fruit and Nut Granola
- Cherry Oatmeal Pancakes
- Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream and Frosting
- 1st Birthday Cake
- Strawberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Maple Recipes Collection
- Strawberry Nutella Waffles
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- Delicata Squash Recipe
- Olive Oil Cake
- Taylor Swift’s Chai Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Peach Slump
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small-medium mixing bowl, mix the cocoa powder and Kosher salt. Set aside.
- Spread out raw almonds on a silicon (or parchment paper) lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake almonds for 5-6 minutes.
- When the almonds are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the baked almonds and add maple syrup. Toss to mix until fully coated.
- Add the cocoa powder-salt mixture and toss until coated. Spread the almonds out on the baking sheet to further cool.
- When the Cocoa Almonds are fully cool, store them in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
- These Cocoa Almonds are intentionally not very sweet; If you need them to be sweeter, you can try adding some coconut or regular white granulated sugar to the cocoa-salt mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- First published: 12/4/2021
- Updated & republished: 12/1/2022, 1/31/2023