Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Chai Spice Icing Glaze is the perfect topping for sugar cookies, cinnamon buns, French toast, quick bread, or even stirred into coffee (ahem, 🙋🏻♀️).
This easy recipe has only 4 ingredients: Strong brewed Chai tea, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and confectioner’s (powdered) sugar. No mixer required! This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. (Full tutorial video included)
Chai Spice Icing Glaze
Hi Everyone, I have a secret mission to get Chai-related recipes on the blog. I love the flavor of Chai/Chai Spice in everything from teas, to lattes and desserts.
This Chai Spice Icing Glaze is a great addition to the tops of your holiday cookies as icing or a glaze over a freshly baked quick bread.
I can see it as a way to level up French toast, cinnamon buns/rolls, sweetbreads, or a piece of cake and why not stir it into sweeten & spice up your coffee?
This recipe is vegan, there’s no milk or cream as in a traditional glaze or icing. This recipe uses Chai tea! It uses 2-3 tablespoons to be exact, depending on how runny you want it.
For cookies, perhaps less so, for a quick bread use the full 3 tablespoons or more if you need it.
I show that you can use it to dress up your morning toast in the pictures in this post for a slice of toast that has a cinnamon bun flavor without the effort!
I use a simple lidded jar, like this old jam jar or a mason jar to keep it in.
If you made this Chai Spice Icing Glaze recipe, and like it, please give it a rating and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- How to Make Half and Half
- Pan-Fried Fairytale Eggplant
- Wacky Cake
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the confectioner's sugar, the Chai tea, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- Using a whisk, combine the ingredients evenly. Use right away or using a baking spatula, scrape the glaze into a jar with lid. Label and store in an air tight container for up to 4 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months.
- For the servings, I imagine this used on a quick bread or similar recipe where you would have 10-11 slices. The serving size depends on what you use it for.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.