Vanilla Coconut Icing is a vegan and gluten-free icing that can be enjoyed on muffins, scones, quick bread, cakes, or any number of dessert recipes.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Vanilla Coconut Icing
As a wife and mother, I often cook and bake for people who have different dietary needs.
Personally, I am an omnivore and can pretty much eat anything but I have members of my family and friends that have dietary restrictions, for example, my husband, Eric, is lactose intolerant.
I am often working around this issue when I craft a recipe, especially, if it’s one he will be eating.
Vanilla Coconut Icing is a great basic icing recipe that can be whipped up very fast, with only a few ingredients, and can be paired with a variety of desserts.
The coconut flavor is very subtle and the vanilla flavor really shines through.
Keep this basic recipe in mind as we head into the holidays or year-round for your favorite desserts!
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk, plus more for desired consistency
- small whisk
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- mixing bowl(s)
How to make Vanilla Coconut Icing
Step 1: Gather your ingredients:
Step 2: Combine your ingredients.
Step 3: Stir ingredients until smooth and creamy.
“Vanilla Coconut Icing” is inspired by, “Powdered Sugar Icing,” p. 184, in the “Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book,” Special Edition, 2007.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Pumpkin Spice Bread #FoodieMamas
- Simple Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Breakfast Made Simple and Healthy With Garden Lites Muffins
- Fresh Garlic Hummus
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
What’s your favorite kind of icing? Please let me know in the comments below!
Latest Recipes and Posts
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mocha Cinnamon Truffles
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Coffee
- Maple Syrup Baklava
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- In a small bowl, sift powdered sugar, then add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Stir ingredients until combined and smooth. To make the consistency thinner, stir in 1 teaspoon of coconut milk at a time.
- You can try using another type of extract with this recipe to get a different flavor icing, for example, almond extract. Also, this icing will become more translucent when more coconut milk is added to the mixture. Keep this in mind if you want more of a thicker/opaque/white effect.
- You can easily substitute coconut milk for regular milk or milk of your choice.
- This recipe makes enough for drizzling over a 10 inch round cake, 1-2 quick pieces of bread (depending on desired coverage).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.