Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea is a cooling, fresh and delicious way to sip through hot Summer weather – no heat required! (gluten free, vegan)
*This post was originally published on 7/8/2018 and updated and republished 9/15/2019
Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea
Hey Everyone, do you remember my Hibiscus Tea recipe? If not, you should definitely check it out, it’s one of my favorite refreshing and healthy teas.
I need you to know that you can make Hibiscus tea with a cold brew method, meaning, letting it steep overnight, in the refrigerator – no heat required! Let time do all the work for you.
This is an easy way to prepare a beautiful drink for a gathering ahead of time. You can add in slices of fruit and ice before serving, if you want.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea
- dried food grade hibiscus flowers
- 8 cups water
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea
- mesh tea strainer or tea filters
- beverage dispenser
- measuring cups
- wet measure
I use the following t-sac tea filters (in the photos).
More of Our Recipes
If you like this Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea, check out these drink recipes on Life’s Little Sweets.
Our Other Tea & Drink Recipes
- How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (2019)
- Cold Drinks Recipe Collection (2019)
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Coffee Lemonade
- Heather Flower Tea (2019)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe (2018)
- Thai Iced Tea (2018)
- Passion Flower Tea (2019)
- Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Fresh Basil Flower Tea (2017)
- Fresh Mint Tea (2017)
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea (2016)
- Cold-Brewed Smashed Raspberry Honey Iced Tea (2015)
- Related: Home Brew Kombucha (2019)
- Hops Golden Milk (2018)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade (2018)
- Rosewater (2018)
- Magical Galaxy Color Changing Cocktail on SoFabFood
- Jasmine Flower Tea
- Simple Syrups Recipe Collection
- Passion Flower Tea
- Cookie Recipe Collection
- Hops Flower Tea
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Simple Syrup Recipe
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index and visit our Home page to view our latest posts
If you make this Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea, let me know how it turns out and what occasion you make it for in the comments below.
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 8 cups water, filtered
- sweetener of choice, amount to taste
- sliced fruit, amount to taste
- Add 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers to a beverage dispenser or large pitcher - you can add it loose or put the tea in a mesh tea strainer or tea filter.
- Add 8 cups of filtered water to the dispenser and stir. Put in the refridgerator for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with ice. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vremi Countertop Ice Maker - Ice Cubes Ready in 9 Minutes - Makes 26 Pounds Ice in 24 hrs - Perfect for Water Bottles, Mixed Drinks - Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker with Ice Scoop and Basket
Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel Large Cube Ice Tray
ecozoi Stainless Steel Metal Ice Cube Trays with Easy Release Handle - 2 Pack with Stand | 36 Ice Cube Slots | Removable Slots for Easy Ice Cube Removal and Cleaning | Eco Friendly, Plastic Free
bMAKER- Edible & Kosher Certified Dried Flowers Sampler: Passion Flowers, Hibiscus, Elder, Heather, Hops and Chrysanthemum Flowers - Best for Culinary, and DIY Soap Making, Bath Bomb & Crafts
T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 2-Size, 2 to 4-Cup Capacity, Set of 200
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Anchor Hocking Heavy Base Highball Drinking Glasses, 15 oz (Set of 12)
Anchor Hocking Heritage Hill Glass Beverage Dispenser with Spigot, 2 Gallon
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 13 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 10mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g