Mother’s Day is almost upon us and what better way to show you care than to make something special for your amazing Mom? These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are a semi-homemade but utterly delicious Mother’s Day treat full of tangy lemon and strawberry flavors.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Our cupcakes are a tantalizing blend of lemon and strawberry.
Usually, a recipe like this would take hours from start to finish.
However, since we are using the semi-homemade method, preparing this sweet little treat is easy-peasy.
Because let’s face it, you want to make something unique for Mom, but you want to spend time with her too.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
- 1 Duncan Hines Signature Moist Cake Mix – Lemon Supreme – 16.5 oz Box of Lemon Cake Mix (18.25 ounces) (link leads to a 16.25 box of cake mix, so you will need more than 1 box)
- 1/2 Cup of Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, 32 Ounce Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Grade A Eggs
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Package of Country Time Lemonade Drink Mix, 19 oz, Makes 8 qt Lemonade Mix (1 ounce)
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries
- 4 Cups of Powdered or Domino Powdered Confectioners Sugar 16oz Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 Sticks of “>Butter (unsalted)
- Two large Kitchen Mission Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls 1.5,3,4, and 5 Quart. Plus Measuring Cup and Spoon Sets, Set of 6 (Complete Set) mixing bowls
- “>Hand or KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red Stand Mixer
- 2 Plastic “>Spatulas
- Frosting bag or Sweetips 31-Piece Cake and Cupcake Icing Flower Decorating Tool Set Bundle with 18 Russian, 2 Leaf Piping Tips, 10 Pastry Bags, and Coupler cupcake decorating kit
- Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan Cupcake pan
- Wilton 2105-459 Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack, 15 7/8″ X 9 7/8″ Cooling rack
- Wilton 415-2179 300 Count Rainbow Bright Standard Baking Cups Pack of Two Cupcake liners
- OXO Good Grips Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, Stainless Steel Measuring cups
- Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set Wet measuring cup
- Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel Food processor or KitchenAid KSB1575ER 5-Speed Diamond Blender with 60-Ounce BPA-Free Pitcher – Empire Red – blender
- “>Mesh strainer
Using the pre-made products makes everything simpler while making the homemade frosting adds to the feeling that you worked hard on creating a special dessert.
Simply, follow the directions on the box for the cake mix and then add the lemonade mix for that extra kick of lemonade in every bite.
The blender or food processor will completely emulsify the strawberries, but you will still want to take a moment to strain the berries.
Straining them ensures there are no seeds in the frosting.
That happens to be the hardest part of the recipe.
With a few simple steps, you can prepare a semi-homemade dessert that’s full of flavor; which, is something Mom is sure to love.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Rosewater Lemonade
- Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Collection
- Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Pops by Sugar Cupid Sweets LLC
What’s your favorite food on Mother’s Day?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Lilac Recipes Collection
- Bubble Tea Recipe (Boba Tea)
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Latte (Mermaid Latte)
This post was originally published on 5/8/2017 and updated and republished on 4/27/2021
- 1 18.25 Ounce Box of Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 3 Large Grade A Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Ounce Lemonade Mix
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries, (4 Tablespoons pureed)
- 4 Cups Powdered or Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 Sticks Butter, (16 Tablespoons)
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and remove the butter from your fridge to soften.
- Next, prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Usually, this means combining the mix, oil, eggs, and water in a large bowl and mixing until well blended.
- After the ingredients are blended, add one ounce of lemonade mix to the cake batter and stir it in.
- Now, line your cupcake pan with decorative liners and pour the batter into the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to transfer the mixture.
- Last, place the cupcakes into your preheated oven for approximately 12 to 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, pull them from the oven and put them on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Start by putting the fresh strawberries into a blend or food processor. Pulse them until they are completely pureed.
- Next, strain the berries to remove any seeds or skins. Use a spoon to push the mixture through the strainer. You have about four tablespoons once this is done.
- Afterward, in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, combine the softened butter and powdered sugar. Blend the ingredients until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Then fold the strawberries into the frosting until they are completely incorporated.
- Lastly, with cupcakes cooled, load the buttercream into a frosting bag or using a butter knife, ice the tops of the cupcakes with delicious frosting. They are now ready to serve.
The calories listed on this recipe card are an approximation. It should be noted the prep time on the recipe card includes time for the cupcakes to cool. If they are too warm with the frosting is added, they will melt. If the frosting begins to melt when applied to the cupcakes then place the buttercream in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm. The cupcakes can be stored in your fridge for up to two days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Seasonal Cupcake Liners, 300-Count
- BAKHUK 200pcs Tulip Cupcake Baking Cups, Muffin Baking Liners Holders, Rustic Cupcake Wrapper, Brown, White and Nature Color
- BAKHUK 500pcs Foil Cupcake Liner - Standard Size 2 Inches Muffin Liners - 10 Colors Baking Cups for Weddings, Birthdays, Baby Showers, Party
- Standard Size White Cupcake Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners, Pack of 500
- Farberware Edgekeeper 21-Piece Forged Triple Riveted Block Set with Built-in Knife Sharpener, Cherry
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
- Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
- KitchenAid Professional 6-Quart Stand Mixer Satin Polished Metal (Copper Metal) (Renewed)
- Naturalik 300-Pack Biodegradable Paper Straws Dye-Free- Brown Kraft Premium Eco-Friendly Paper Straws Bulk- Drinking Straws for Juices, Smoothies, Restaurants and Party Decorations, 7.7" (Brown Kraft)
- Zunii 300-Pack Multi-Color Biodegradable Paper Straws - 10 Bright Colors - Eco Friendly Straws for Juice, Soda, Cocktails, Shakes - Great for Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers, Cake Pop Sticks
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Muffin Pan, 12 Cup
- OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Country Time Lemonade 19 Ounce Drink Mix 2 Flavor Variety Bundle, Lemonade and Pink Lemonade (2 Canister Pack)
- MontoPack 300-Pack Holiday Party Mini Paper Baking Cups - No Smell, Safe Food Grade Inks and Paper Grease Proof Cupcake Liners Perfect Cups for Cake Balls, Muffins, Cupcakes, and Candies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.