These Mocha Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy with a distinct flavor of fresh brewed coffee. These vegan cookies are easy to bake and heavenly for taste buds, especially if you are coffee lover.
Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are absolutely a crowd pleaser and serve two purposes. They satisfy the cookie cravings and fulfill your caffeine requirement. When these cookies are dipped in some milk it’s heavenly and out of this world. My husband is a mocha crazy and he purposefully makes a trip to coffee shops almost every day to get his kind of mocha. That is how I came up with mocha cookies so I can pack some for his snacks. I must admit he was absolutely delighted with the surprise and immediately approved these cookies.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
For the mocha
- Instant coffee powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Unsweetened dairy free milk
- Maple syrup
For the cookies
- Oat flour
- Steel cut quick cooking oats
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Banana (mashed)
Useful kitchen tools for Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
- A small saucepan
- A large mixing bowl
- A whisk
- A spatula
- A cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Cookie scoop
Cookies are my weakness and also my favorite baked goods. Whenever I have extra time on hands I make sure to experiment with cookies. However, I try to include healthy ingredients as much as possible. These cookies are my new favorite because I love when coffee is infused in any dessert. I think coffee enhances the flavor of any dessert immensely and makes it more desirable.
I personally used instant coffee powder to make my mocha but you may make your own mocha with your choice of coffee beans. These cookies allow you to be creative with mocha recipe and since it’s made of oatmeal, these cookies are super easy to bind. Even though the batter would be slightly runny but once baked these cookies bind excellently and comes out with a prefect cookie texture.
The serving of these cookies is 1 cookie per person but I assure you that it is impossible to stop at only one. Once you get the taste of these cookies you are gonna finish up all within minutes.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup unsweeetetnd dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
For the cookies
- 1 cup oat flour, *if this recipe needs to be gluten-free, make sure to check the package label to make sure they are gluten-free
- 1 cup steel cut quick cooking oats, *if this recipe needs to be gluten-free, make sure to check the package label to make sure they are gluten-free
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan brew coffee and pour it in a mug. In a microwavable bowl warm the dairy fee milk for 30 seconds and whisk in cocoa powder. Pour this chocolate mixture into the mug. Then add in maple syrup and mix it very well. Keep it aside to cool down.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oat flour, steel cut oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix it well until no lumps are left.
- Now fold in mocha and mashed banana and mix with a spatula. Let it rest for 3-4 minutes until the batter thickens a bit.
- Now, with the help of a cookie scoop drop the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. Let the cookies take its own shape because the batter will be soft as this point.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and let them cool completely.
- Store these cookies in an air tight container for a week at the room temperature.
- Any brewed coffee of your choice can be used for these cookies. Just make sure the measurement of the brewed coffee would be 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 95Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g