These Mocha Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy with a distinct flavor of freshly brewed coffee. These vegan cookies are easy to bake and heavenly for taste buds, especially if you are a coffee lover.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are absolutely a crowd pleaser and serve two purposes.
They satisfy the cookie cravings and fulfill your caffeine requirement.
When these cookies are dipped in some milk it’s heavenly and out of this world. My husband is mocha crazy and he purposefully makes a trip to coffee shops almost every day to get his kind of mocha.
That is how I came up with mocha cookies so I can pack some for his snacks.
I must admit he was absolutely delighted with the surprise and immediately approved these cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
For the mocha
- Instant coffee powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Unsweetened dairy free milk
- Maple syrup
For the cookies
- Oat flour
- Steel cut quick cooking oats
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Banana (mashed)
- A small saucepan
- A large mixing bowl
- A whisk
- A spatula
- A cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- Cookie scoop
Cookies are my weakness and also my favorite baked goods.
Whenever I have extra time on my hands I make sure to experiment with cookies.
However, I try to include healthy ingredients as much as possible.
These cookies are my new favorite because I love it when coffee is infused in any dessert.
I think coffee enhances the flavor of any dessert immensely and makes it more desirable.
I personally used instant coffee powder to make my mocha but you may make your own mocha with your choice of coffee beans.
These cookies allow you to be creative with the mocha recipes and since it’s made of oatmeal, these cookies are super easy to bind.
Even though the batter would be slightly runny but once baked these cookies bind excellently and come out with a perfect cookie texture.
The serving of these cookies is 1 cookie per person but I assure you that it is impossible to stop at only one.
Once you get the taste of these cookies you are gonna finish up all within minutes.
- Dragon Fruit Simple Syrup
- Dragon Fruit Angel Food Cake
- How to Store Boba
- Crème de Menthe Coffee
- Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teapsoons instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
For the cookies
- 1 cup oat flour, *if this recipe needs to be gluten-free, make sure to check the package label to make sure they are gluten-free
- 1 cup steel cut quick-cooking oats, *if this recipe needs to be gluten-free, make sure to check the package label to make sure they are gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a saucepan brew coffee and pour it in a mug. In a microwavable bowl warm the dairy fee milk for 30 seconds and whisk in cocoa powder. Pour this chocolate mixture into the mug. Then add in maple syrup and mix it very well. Keep it aside to cool down.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oat flour, steel cut oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix it well until no lumps are left.
- Now fold in mocha and mashed banana and mix with a spatula. Let it rest for 3-4 minutes until the batter thickens a bit.
- Now, with the help of a cookie scoop drop the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. Let the cookies take its own shape because the batter will be soft as this point.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Take out the cookies and let them cool completely.
- Store these cookies in an air tight container for a week at the room temperature.
- Any brewed coffee of your choice can be used for these cookies. Just make sure the measurement of the brewed coffee would be 1/2 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
OXO Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.