Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices is an easy-to-make snack or dessert recipe using sliced bananas, dark chocolate melting wafers, and coconut oil. They store well in the freezer, ready for a tasty, sweet bite anytime!
Table of contents
Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices
Hi Everyone, these Chocolate-Covered Frozen Bananas are an easy-to-make, 3-ingredient recipe.
I like to think of it as homemade, healthier perhaps than store-bought candy bars – in my humble opinion!
You can customize this recipe with peanut butter, sprinkles
- 2 small-medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- rimmed baking sheet
- wax, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat
- chef’s or vegetable knife
- cutting board
- small mixing bowl and spoon – for melting chocolate
- large fork – for dipping the banana slices
- wrap – we use “bee’s wrap”
- air-tight container – for storing the chocolate-covered banana slices when done, in the freezer
How to make Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices
Our Other Recipes and Posts
If you like this recipe post, check out our other similar recipes on the blog:
Check out the latest recipes and posts on the blog:
- Free Digital Calendar
- How to Ship Cookies
- Favorite Cookie-Making Tools
- Cookie Recipes Collection
- Winter Soup Recipes
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Prepare the bananas: Slice the bananas, arrange on a wax paper lined rimmed baking sheet, cover, and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen solid.
- Melt the chocolate: In a small-medium bowl, add 1/2-3/4 cup dark chocolate melting wafers, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil, microwave the ingredients for 30 seconds, stir and microwave 1-2 times more for 30 seconds each or until melted. Dip the frozen banana slices into the melted chocolate and coat them, then place them back on the rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining slices. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze the banana slices until frozen.
- Storage: When the Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices are frozen solid, you can store them in an air-tight container, in the freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Pyrex Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set, 8-Piece, Clear
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Kitchen Dinner Forks with Pearled Edge, Set of 12
Wilton Candy Melts Candy Decorating Set - 5-Piece Candy Dipping Tools Set - 3-prong Dipping fork, Cradling Spoon, Spear, Slotted Spoon and Drizzling Scoop
Oxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
Bee's Wrap - Vegan 3 Pack - Made in USA with Certified Organic Cotton - Plastic and Silicone Free - Reusable Plant-Based Food Wraps - 3 Pieces (S, M, L)
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Homestia Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 8 Pcs Baking Cooking Utensils with Measurement for Dry and Liquid Ingredients, Black
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!
- This recipe was photographed and filmed on 9/22/2022 and first published on 9/27/2022.