DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #cbias #CollectiveBias
This DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece is a resourceful and easy craft to prepare. To make this festive DIY, just use evergreen tree trimmings from your yard, ribbon, ornaments and aromatic American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles which make perfect gifts for the Holidays!
DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece
Hello Everyone! How have you been celebrating the Holidays? For us, it means gathering around the table and sitting down to a dinner with our family.
I am sharing this DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece to show you that putting together a centerpiece does not have to cost a lot of money and can be beautiful. This can also be a fun activity to do with your loved ones as you make your Holiday preparations.
The centerpiece can be a place that everyone is drawn to for an evening of fun and good company 🙂 And how cool would it be to have the party favors in the centerpiece? Enter American Home™ by Yankee Candle®!
About American Home™ by Yankee Candle®
I have included 2 American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles in “Spiced Orange & Clove” and “Fresh Balsam Fir” fragrances. I chose these two because I love the warm and fresh seasonal fragrance they both have.
I love having a fragrant candle burning while I am wrapping Christmas gifts, getting dinner ready or when people are over. I think they are so warm and welcoming. It also puts me in the mood for getting all the things I need to get done accomplished.
Gift Giving for the Holidays
American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles are a great last minute gift to have on hand, hostess gift idea or for friends, relatives, people who help you throughout the year – not to mention an awesome Holiday party favor.
I purchased American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles in “Spiced Orange & Clove” and “Fresh Balsam Fir” fragrances but they also have other fragrances available at Walmart like “Sugar Coated Cinnamon” and “Sweet & Salty Caramel”. They are available in the “Home” section as shown above.
Materials Needed for Your DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece
- a long roll of burlap to use as a runner – I have a 24″ inch one that I purchased at Walmart.
- Various evergreen branches from your yard (I do not recommend holly if you have young children or pets because the berries can make them sick), you can also substitute these for faux evergreen. I also added some rosemary sprigs that stick straight up to give some height. Total there are 3 kinds of evergreens.
- festive ribbon for tying the branches together – I just use what I have on hand. I also used beaded garlands and more bright-colored ribbon zig-zagging across the centerpiece.
- various ornaments – I used these vintage hand-me-down, family ornaments, as shown
- cookie cutters – for the table and as napkin holders
- American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles of your choice!
- cedar trivets – I used 2 handmade cedar trivets to place the candles on. Eric makes these from fallen trees on our property.
- napkins for your place settings – I love to use cloth tea towels which I buy in bulk
- festive twine – I tie bows around the crystal glasses, the cookie cutters and the candles.
- citrus fruit – I include tangerines dotted throughout the centerpiece so guests can help themselves if they want fruit to snack on.
- candy canes – I added peppermint candy canes to every place setting as a party favor.
DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Lay your burlap runner down across the length of the table
- Gather branches together and arrange them on your table.
- Using 2 long lengths of ribbon (this will depend on your branch size, approx. 24-36 inches), tie on both sides to gather the various branches together.
- Place ornaments in various spots on the centerpiece and other ribbon too, if you wish.
- Place cedar trivets on either side of the centerpiece
- Place your American Home™ by Yankee Candle® candles on the trivets
- Set your table with plates, glasses/stemware, napkins and silverware and enjoy!
This centerpiece adds color, light and nature to your evening. Now the table is set for entertaining and to enjoy with friends and family!
Candle Burning Safety Guidelines
- Make sure to always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, keep it out of drafts and NEVER leave it unattended while lit.
- Please make sure the candle wicks are cut 1/8 of an inch to ensure the flame isn’t too large; I just use kitchen scissors to clip the wick.
- Each time you burn your candle, make sure to allow the entire top layer to become a fragrant pool of liquid wax and you’ll get the biggest, boldest fragrance possible.
- When only ½” of the wax remains, it’s time to let your candle go – candles have a life time and this is when it’s time to get a new candle.
- Make sure to follow user instructions to a tee for American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand products.
I hope you enjoy this DIY Holiday Table Centerpiece post, tell me what you are going to do for your Holiday centerpiece in the comments below!
- Check out American Home™ by Yankee Candle® products at Walmart HERE
- Check out the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® Brand Page HERE
- Shop American Home™ by Yankee Candle® products HERE
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
What do you do for your Holiday table centerpiece? Let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin this to your “Holiday” or “Home” board(s)! ⇓