Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
This How to Roast Eggplant (Oven-Roasted Eggplant Slices) recipe tutorial is one of the most simple ways to cook eggplant. Enjoy them as-is with a dipping sauce (I include a soy sauce ketchup sauce recipe) or use them in another recipe!
How to Roast Eggplant
Hi Everyone, have you tried to roast eggplant slices in the oven?
It’s one of the most simple and delicious ways to cook eggplant.
You can eat the roasted eggplant slices as is or use them for another recipe.
When is eggplant in season?
Eggplant is in season from July to October.
However, eggplant is widely available in most grocery stores year-round in the United States.
- 5 (1 pound 15 ounces) small-medium eggplants, sliced in 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) thick slices *see notes
- 1/4 cup or more regular olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- small mixing bowl
- silicone baking mat or parchement paper
- rimmed baking sheet
- measuring spoons and cups
- 2-cup wet measure
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Freezer Meal Prep
- Ted Lasso Biscuit Recipe
- Stuffed Dates Recipes
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- What Flowers Are Edible?
(This post was photographed on 10/29/2021 and published 11/3/2021)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set it aside.
- Line them in a single layer on the prepared rimmed baking sheet. You may have to spread them out onto 2 baking sheets if need be.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, garlic powder, and chopped herbs and stir until combined.
- Using a silicone pastry brush, brush the olive oil mixture onto the eggplant slices, coating the entire surface. Flip them over and do the other sides for all the slices. Sprinkle kosher salt evenly over the slices.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until soft and golden and cooked to your liking. They may need to stay in longer if you want them crisp. Arrange on a serving plate and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and garnish with fresh chopped herbs, if you wish. Serve with your favorite sauce (the sauce I made in the photos is below in the notes). Enjoy!
Eggplant: the weight is based on before the leafy tops are cut off.
Soy Sauce Ketchup Dipping Sauce: In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup regular ketchup and 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce. Mix until combined. Serve this tangy sauce with the eggplant slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
AmazonBasics 6-Piece White Dinner Plate Set
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Aozita 17oz Glass Olive Oil Bottle - 500ml Dark Brown Oil & Vinegar Cruet with Pourers and Funnel - Olive Oil Carafe Decanter for Kitchen
AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
OXO 1063494 Good Grips Turner, Spatula, and Tongs Set - Safe for Nonstick Cookware,3 Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 45gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!