Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe: This post originally appeared on the bMAKER blog as “Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea.”
This Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe can be enjoyed either hot or cold and tastes delicious with lemon or lime which changes the color from an indigo blue to a purple-pink! You can also add wildflower honey to sweeten this delicious and refreshing tea drink.
Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe
Hi Everyone, have you heard about Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe? It reminds me of Hibiscus Tea except not as tart. It had the most beautiful and unusual blue color which changes color from a deep blue to purple-pink when you add lemon or lime juice.
Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea is most refreshing served iced with fresh-squeezed lemon (or lime) and honey on a hot, humid day. I found it to be like “drinking clarity.” It has an earthy flavor, similar to green tea.
Health Benefits of this Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe
Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea is known to have healthy antioxidants which get released in the brewing of the tea, similar to green tea, lowering the risk of infections and is also good for your heart health.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe
- dried Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea flowers
- hot water
- lemon or lime
- honey or your favorite sweetener, optional
- ice cubes, if serving cold
Helpful Kitchen Tools for this Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe
- tea kettle
- measuring spoons and cups
- mesh tea infuser or tea sachet
- spoon for stirring
- ice cube trays
I know you will love this Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea recipe! Let me know how you like it in the comments below.
Our Other Recipes
Our Other Tea & Drink Recipes
- How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (2019)
- Heather Flower Tea (2019)
- Passion Flower Tea (2019)
- Thai Iced Tea (2018)
- Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Fresh Basil Flower Tea (2017)
- Fresh Mint Tea (2017)
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea (2016)
- Cold-Brewed Smashed Raspberry Honey Iced Tea (2015)
- Related: Home Brew Kombucha (2019)
- Hops Golden Milk (2018)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade (2018)
- Rosewater (2018)
- 1/4 cup dried Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea flowers, food grade
- 1-2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon wildflower honey, amount to taste
- 1 teapsoon lemon or lime juice, fresh squeezed, amount to taste
- 2 lemon or lime slices or wedges, to garnish
- 2 cups ice cubes, if serving iced, amount to taste
If Serving Hot
- Heat water in a tea kettle over high heat. Alternately, if you are doing 2 cups or a larger amount then you can boil the water in a pot and steep the tea right in the pot.
- Add 1/4 cup Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea flowers into a mesh tea ball and add to a large mug (if 1 serving) or 4-cup heat safe wet measure (if making for 2).
- Pour the hot water over the tea ball and allow to steep for 3-8 minutes, depending on how dark you want the tea. (Do not steep for longer than 10 minutes to avoid the tea from becoming bitter.)
If Serving Cold (Iced)
- Put 1 cup of ice into a glass, pour the hot tea (after it's steeped long enough) over the ice. Add lemon or lime juice, amount to taste. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges. Drizzle with honey, if you wish. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 131 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 18mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 12g Protein: 6g
Our Other Posts
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies™ - August 15, 2019
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Iced Coffee - August 15, 2019
- End of Summer 2019 $50 Amazon Gift Card Instagram Giveaway - August 14, 2019