DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons are an easy, kids activity craft to do for Valentine’s Day. You can put those old, broken crayons that you’ve been collecting to good use and teach your child about recycling. Make these to include with Valentine’s Day cards or as a gift for the school room or for a special friend.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays because (to me) it is all about love and generosity. ❤
I include the full DIY below along with printable directions at the bottom of the post.
You may remember this post, DIY Crayons, an earlier LLS foray into crayon making. Since then, I have thought about all the different shapes and ways this craft could be customized and doing a Valentine’s Day version seems like a natural next step.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
For this DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons activity craft, I used a red silicone candy mold that I got at Michael’s. I found a similar Wilton one on Amazon.com:
The silicone is nice because it’s bendable, making it easy to remove the crayons.
DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons Step-By-Step Tutorial
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to make DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons.
Step #1 – Collect Broken Crayons & Remove Paper
Arrange the broken crayons by color (or mix them up!) in the heart-shaped mold, filling them to the top. Be careful not to overfill.
Step #2 – Bake!
In a 350 degree preheated oven, bake the crayons for 4-5 minutes until visibly melted.
Step #3 – Allow to cool
After the crayons are melted, remove them from the oven and allow to cool completely. You can speed up the process by putting them in the refrigerator for 10+ minutes.
I hope you enjoy this fun DIY, our family sure does!
- If you like this DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons post, Check out our DIY, Kids categories & DIY Crayons post
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day craft? Let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin this! ⇓
- broken crayons , peeled (break them as small as you can)
- silicone crayon mold
- Collect broken crayons & remove all paper. Arrange the broken crayons by color (or mix them up!) in the heart-shaped mold, filling them to the top. Be careful not to overfill.
- In a 350 degree preheated oven, bake the crayons for 4-5 minutes until visibly melted.
- After the crayons are melted, remove them from the oven and allow to cool completely. You can speed up the process by putting them in the refrigerator for 10+ minutes.
- Also check out our DIY Crayons post on LifesLittleSweets.com
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Kami Sweets Heart Shape Silicone Mold For Chocolate Candy Gummy Fudge Ice Valentine - Set of 2
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)