This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShoutSolutions #CollectiveBias
This DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign is easily made with a few materials and it brings both industrial and handmade vibe to your home or bathroom with a customized hand-lettered chalkboard! Check out my review of Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover, which is a tool that I used to help me with laundry stains below!
DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign
This DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign is something I have been dreaming up for a little while now and I am happy to finally share it! Eric and I have a few of these vintage metal milk crates from a local flea market that we have collected over the past year and a half. I use some for recycling containers mostly but I want to show how versatile they are. They are also sturdy and I like how they do not taper at the bottom like so many storage containers, so they can fit more of whatever they are holding.
This DIY also includes my love of chalkboards and hand-lettering making a nice contrast to the industrial vibe of the vintage milk crate. I give a step-by-step tutorial below of how to achieve perfect handmade letters without being an expert in calligraphy.
Materials You Will Need to Make This DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign
- Small Chalkboard Sign that has a string/twine so it can be hung, I use one that is 7.5″x4″ inches
- Chalkboard Marker – I was able to fine mine in the office supply section at Walmart
- Printout of the word “Towels,” you can download the one I use here, or make it your preferred font sized to the chalkboard (I used a font called Lavenderia)*Click thumbnail photo above to enlarge, for printing
- Graphite stick – this can be purchase online or in an art supply area of a craft store
- Pencil – make sure it is sharp for tracing the letters
- Vintage Metal Milk Crate – I got mine at a flea market for $10 and spray-painted it matte white because it was a little rusty in areas. This style container is popular now and you can find reproductions of similar ones in stores if you prefer to buy new or can not find one at your local flea market.
- Ribbon – for attaching the chalkboard sign to the crate.
Tutorial: DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign
- Gather your materials listed in the materials list above
- Cut the printout of the letters to the size of the surface of the chalkboard
- On the back of the printout (the blank side), using the graphite stick, shade over the letters
- Flip over the cut out, hold the cut out in place and using a pencil, draw over the letters, when you are done, you will see the graphite on the back has transferred to the chalkboard
- Using a chalkboard pen, you can now easily trace over the graphite transfer of the letters
- Hang the chalkboard on the crate using ribbon
- Arrange bath towels in the crate and you are done!
- Above is a photo collage, showing the steps of how to make DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign, chronologically, start to finish.
My Review of Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover
First a little bit about Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover: Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover has stain-fighting ingredients and enzymes that quickly penetrate, break up and remove tough stains. It has a Triple-Acting Formula: clings, penetrates and lifts away stains. It has a convenient trigger dispenser, it’s safe for all color garments and it also works in all water temperatures.
My Review: I have had a bottle of Shout® near my laundry area for years now. My husband Eric actually introduced me to it because after we got engaged and moved in together, I noticed that he used it for his laundry. After using myself for awhile and seeing how effective it is, it made me see the value in using it to get rid of laundry stains. After I had my daughter, my sister also told me that she always used Shout® for getting rid of any baby-related laundry stains. I consider myself a resourceful mom and I like to get the longest use out of my (and my families) clothes because it is always a pain to have to get rid of an article of clothing that is otherwise fine. I think it’s important to value and take care of the things that you have and Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover has helped me do that! To learn more:
- You can check out the Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover Social hub website here and the Shout® website here
- You can visit Shout® on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- I was able to find Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover at my local Walmart in the cleaning aisle as shown above.
- Be sure to check out the Social Hub for Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover here!
- If you like DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign, Check out DIY Pine Mason Jars | DIY Crayons | Seashell Winter Planters
FIND LIFE’S LITTLE SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA ⇒ TWITTER@LIFESLILSWEETS | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM@LIFESLITTLESWEETS | FACEBOOK | SNAPCHAT @ LIFESLILSWEETS. SHARING IS CARING, IF YOU LIKE THIS POST, DIY Industrial Bath Towel Crate with Chalkboard Sign, PLEASE SHARE USING THE LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST OR THE SHARE BUTTONS TO THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
DO YOU HAVE A CREATIVE WAY THAT YOU LIKE TO DISPLAY YOUR BATH TOWELS IN YOUR HOME? SHARE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!