Thai Tea Latte is a hot, smokey, sweet, satisfying black Thai tea drink recipe with a foamy, thick milky top. Try this delicious tea drink to change up your hot drink routine!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Thai Tea Latte
Hi Everyone, this Thai Tea Latte is a hot, drink recipe to change up your afternoon tea routine or swap out with your typical coffee drink recipe.
This recipe is similar to the Thai Iced Tea recipe on the blog, except that it’s not an iced drink. This recipe is like the “cold-weather-friendly” version of Thai Tea – although, you can enjoy it year-round.
This is not a coffee recipe but if you want, you can add a shot of espresso to it, however, it’s black, strongly brewed tea, and has plenty of caffeine in it already!
RELATED: Thai Iced Tea
This Thai Tea Latte is definitely a sweet treat; I don’t have this drink every day because it’s pretty sweet.
When I am craving that smokey, Thai Tea flavor, it’s definitely a welcome drink and that distinctive Thai Tea orange color is so pretty!
Step-By-Step Photos to Make Thai Tea Latte
Here are some step-by-step photos (the full, printable recipe card is at the bottom of the post with the directions):
RELATED: Tea Recipes Collection
RELATED: Coffee Drink Recipe Collection
RELATED: Dalgona Coffee and Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
RELATED: Strawberry Dalgona Whipped Coffee
If you try this Thai Tea Latte recipe and like it please give it a rating in the recipe card below, and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Bring water to a boil in a Gooseneck or regular tea kettle (to 195°F). Gather your ingredients and a heat-safe mug. Stuff a T-Sac (or Authentic Thai Tea "sock" with 1 heaping tablespoon of authentic Thai Tea.
- When the water is at temperature, pour the water over the teabag and allow it to steep 1-2 minutes, and then remove the teabag.
- Using a milk frother, add evaporated milk and froth.
- Pour the ready tea into a mug and stir in sugar.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, steamed evaporated milk, and stir to combine. Adjust flavors, as needed and enjoy!
- *You can substitute the raw sugar for granulated white sugar or preferred sweetener if you wish.
- Makes 1-2 servings
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
- T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 2-Size, 2 to 4-Cup Capacity, Set of 200
- Long Handle Spoon, MCIRCO Stainless Steel Spoon Set Mixing Spoon Ice Cream Spoon Long Spoon Iced Tea Spoon Coffee Spoon Dessert Spoon Milkshake Spoon,Set of 8(Ice spoon)
- Teapot Kettle with Warmer - Tea Pot and Tea Infuser Set - Glass Tea Maker Infusers Holds 3-4 Cups Loose Leaf Iced Blooming or Flowering Tea Filter- Teapots Kettles Tea Strainer Steeper Tea Pots
- Pioneer Women Flee Market Creamer Cow Teal Blue
- The Original Thai Iced Tea Mix (TWO bags) ~ Number One Brand Imported From Thailand! 2 x 400g Bags Great for Restaurants That Want to Serve Authentic and Thai Iced Teas. by Number One
- DDPREMIUM Traditional Thai Style Tea Filter Stainless Steel Size 5 Inches
- IHUIXINHE Loose Leaf Tea Snap Ball &Tea Mesh Stainless Steel Strainer with Handle (4 Pack) Ball Shape Tea Infuser and Filters
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Gourmia GMF225 Cordless Electric Milk Frother & Heater for Extra Foamy Cappuccino, Latte & More, Stainless Steel, Detachable Base For Easy Serving
- COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle with 5 Variable Presets, Pour Over Coffee Kettle & Tea Kettle, 100% Stainless Steel Inner Lid & Bottom, 1200 Watt Quick Heating, 0.8L, Silver
- Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 0gSugar: 64gProtein: 10g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.