Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AskForEckrich #EckrichFlavor #CollectiveBias
This Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich has 2 kinds of cheese, Eckrich Virginia Brand Ham and sliced bread.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich
Hi Everyone! I am delighted to share this Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich with you today. I use Eckrich Virginia Brand Ham in this Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich but any variety of ham will work, like the Eckrich Cooked Ham or Honey Cured Ham.
I just want to let everyone know that Eckrich is making it easy to get your deli meat at your local Walmart – enter for a chance to win a $100 Walmart gift card!
#EckrichFlavor #Sweepstakes (7/11 to 8/18)
I picked up Eckrich Virginia Brand Ham at the deli counter at Walmart. I was also able to find all the other ingredients cheese, butter and sliced bread at Walmart too.
Eckrich’s best-selling Hams are specially trimmed for consistent quality and feature a wide selection of flavors. I also learned that Eckrich is gluten free, and has a full line of quality natural smoked and natural juice hams.
When I was growing up, I used to have grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. This is a classic way to enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches. Did you grow up with that pairing?
I use a 10 inch (26 cm) stove top grill pan (non-stick interior, heavy duty aluminum) for this recipe. It is a very useful thing to have so that you get the effect of grilling no matter what time of year it is and with the convenience of using your stove top.
I love those grill marks that this Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich has (above).
I know you will enjoy this Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 slices white bread
- 3-4 slices Eckrich Ham Off the Bone, or amount to taste
- 1-2 slices Muenster cheese, you can substitute another type of cheese, if you want
- 1-2 slices Swiss cheese, you can substitute another type of cheese, if you want
- In a grill pan on the stove top, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons salted butter. Spread the butter around when the butter is melted, so it's coating the grill pan.
- Place 2 slices of bread over the melted butter.
- Place 2 slices of Swiss on one side and 2 slices of Muenster cheese on the other slice of bread.
- Add 3-4 slices of ham on the cheese.
- Place another slice of your choice of cheese on one side of the sandwich. (This helps the sandwich stick together).
- Carefully place one side of the sandwich over the other side of the sandwich and press down with a spatula. Cook until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat when done and slice in half. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1398Total Fat: 92gSaturated Fat: 49gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 396mgSodium: 3957mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 107g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Sun-Dried Tomato Ham and Cheese Ring
- Homemade Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese on SoFabFood
- Grilled Cheese Tomato Bites on SoFabFood
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
What’s your favorite kind of grilled cheese sandwich? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓