This Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark is a fast & easy recipe, perfect for your next Halloween gathering! Be sure to check out all 5 spooktacular #FoodieMamas recipes in the recipe roundup below!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark
Hi Everyone, it’s the time of the month when we have a #FoodieMamas recipe & recipe roundup post!
In keeping with the seasons, we have a “Halloween” theme for the month of October and there are some great Halloween-themed recipes in store!
How’s everyone’s October going?
Do you know what you are going to be for Halloween yet?
I recently picked up a purple wig at the store because I thought it looked cool and I like the color but I have no idea what I can be with it – any ideas?
Last year (see picture above, though Eric and I aren't in costume), I was "Blueberry" from the cartoon Strawberry Shortcake and Eric was a "Hunter" character from the video game Destiny and M was a lion (that looked like a bear).
This year she's going to be a pumpkin (she was very decisive and chose that costume idea 2 months ago - not bad for a 2 1/2-year-old!), Eric's still deciding, and well, me too!
Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark have dark chocolate at the base, a layer of raisins, dried cranberries, slivered almonds (can substitute whole or chopped), candy sugar eyes, and it's drizzled with white chocolate on top.
I wanted to do a chocolate bark recipe for Life's Little Sweets for a while because it's the type of recipe the fits in with my no-fuss, yet totally fun, sweet & delicious ethos that I often have with recipes on this blog.
This Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark can be customized for any season, just swap out the fruit/flavors, type of chocolate, and decorations.
If you need a larger amount than the 13" x 9" pan that this recipe yields, just double the recipe and use a whole cookie sheet!
This would make a cute teacher's gift, Halloween party favor or served at a Halloween gathering!
#FOODIEMAMAS HALLOWEEN RECIPE ROUNDUP
It’s time to check out all the amazing recipes from all the #FoodieMamas!
A little history first: This the 13th #FoodieMamas recipe round-up that I have participated in and each month, one “FoodieMama” chooses a different ingredient or theme.
Last month was raspberries, you can check out that recipe HERE
Enjoy the October, Halloween recipe roundup!
#1 - Homemade Pumpkin Spice Soda | Trish - Rhubarbarians
#2 - Spooky Strawberries | Kaitie - Fuchsia Freezer
#3 - Graveyard Brownies | Ali Randall - Home & Plate
#4 - Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie | Lucy Baker - Turnip the Oven
- Beet Salad
- Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How to Reduce Food Waste
- How to Make Compost from Kitchen Waste
- How to Reduce Plastic Use in The Kitchen
I hope you enjoyed Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark & the #FoodieMamas Halloween recipe roundup!
What's your favorite Halloween dessert?
Let me know in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Springtime Bunny Bark Dessert Recipe on SoFabFood
- Easy Peppermint Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- 2019 Easter Brunch Menu
- 12 oz. dark chocolate
- 12 oz. white chocolate
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, chopped, or whole
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- edible sugar candy eyes, (I used Wilton brand)
- Line a 13" x 9" pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Evenly spread almonds, raisins, and cranberries over melted chocolate.
- Place candy eyes carefully in the melted chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Using a spoon, strategically drizzle white chocolate over ingredients covering but try not to cover the candy eyes.
- Allow to cool completely and when it's fully cooled, use a sharp knife to cut into pieces. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Nutrition Information:Yield: 13 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.