Toasted Vegetarian Burger Mixed Greens Salad Sandwich has a bun that’s toasted with mayonnaise, a vegetarian or vegan burger patty, mixed greens salad, and topped with fresh herbs.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Toasted Vegetarian Burger Mixed Greens Salad Sandwich
Hi Everyone, looking for an easy to whip up lunch or dinner meal? Try this Toasted Vegetarian Burger Mixed Greens Salad Sandwich.
It’s loaded with veggies and fresh herbs making it a healthy source of greens. Remember that Carrot Cucumber Ribbon Mixed Greens Salad recipe that I shared recently? That’s in this sandwich recipe but you can also just use bagged mixed greens from the grocery store or farmer’s market too.
It can easily be made to be vegan by using a vegan mayonnaise and a vegan burger paddy.
The Veggie Burger
We like Boca burgers and Gardein burgers (not sponsored, that’s just what we usually buy) and I have also used Beyond Burgers as well with success.
In the photos, I chopped up the veggie burger but that was because the long hoagie or submarine bun held the pieces just fine. It might be best to leave it whole if you are using a regular burger bun.
What’s your favorite vegan or vegetarian burger? Let me know in the comments, I would love to know!
The Fresh Herbs
The fresh herbs that I like to use for this sandwich are basil, parsley and cilantro. I grow these in my kitchen garden.
These herbs can easily be grown in pots indoors or as microgreens as well.
Toasting the Bread
Toasting the bread with mayonnaise is key. This is something that I picked on when I worked the market at the Farm Cooking School, they get credit for teaching me that trick!
At home, I just use my toaster oven for toasting the bread. If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can use the regular oven. (I linked to our toaster oven in the recipe card at the end of the post, Amazon Affiliate)
RELATED: Vegetarian Lasagna
This is something that I would typically whip up for a weekday lunch because it’s relatively fast and I’ve usually prepped the mixed greens salad or other salad ahead of time for the week.
What kinds of weekday lunches do you like to make?
RELATED: Garden Herb Mayonnaise
If you make this Toasted Vegetarian Burger Mixed Greens Salad Sandwich, and like it please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1 hamburger bun or roll, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, or amount to taste
- 1 veggie burger, prepared according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup Carrot Cucumber Ribbon Mixed Greens Salad, or amount to taste
- pinch of Kosher salt, optional, amount to taste
- fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- Cook the veggie burger according to the instructions on the package.
- Toast the Bun: Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of a burger bun or roll. Toast in the toaster oven for a couple minutes or until it's golden and crispy.
- Assemble the Sandwich: On a plate, lay out the toasted burger bun, add the previously prepared mixed greens salad on one side and the prepared veggie burger on the other. Add fresh herbs (basil, cilantro and parsley), season with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, optionally. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe uses our Carrot Cucumber Ribbon Mixed Greens Salad recipe but you can substitute bagged mixed salad greens
- This recipe can easily be made to be vegan by using a vegan mayonnaise and a vegan burger paddy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Dinner Knives with Round Edge, Pack of 12
Toaster Oven 4 Slice, Multi-function Stainless Steel Finish with Timer - Toast - Bake - Broil Settings, Natural Convection - 1100 Watts of Power, Includes Baking Pan and Rack by Mueller Austria
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Mercer Culinary Millennia 10-Inch Wide Bread Knife
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 925Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 1868mgCarbohydrates: 115gFiber: 22gSugar: 23gProtein: 37g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.