Looking for something quick to throw together for a get-together or just a special treat for the family? Look no further than this Easy Cherry Cheesecake! It’s not too sweet with a creamier texture than traditional cheesecake. And if cherries aren’t your thing, you can easily swap out the topping!
Easy Cherry Cheesecake
I can’t remember a time where my mom didn’t make this Easy Cherry Cheesecake. For Thanksgiving, Christmas, potlucks, the occasional birthday, and sometimes even “just because.” It’s just really, really good when you’re craving something sweet.
Confession: I don’t like the cherries in the pie filling. And I don’t care for cherry pie. I usually only like fresh cherries. But the cherry glaze… that stuff is goooood. So I just spread the pie filling over the top and then move some of the cherries over so I have some cherry-free slices. I guess I should try another flavor but this is how I’ve eaten it since the beginning of time.
Ingredients for Easy Cherry Cheesecake:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Cherry pie filling
Kitchen Tools Needed for Easy Cherry Cheesecake:
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer
- 9×13 pan
- Can opener
I still have a large number of recipes from my childhood/family that I have yet to bring to my blog. There are so many good ones! This Easy Cherry Cheesecake has been on the list for quite a while. Partly because I don’t post many desserts (I’m more on the side of savory). I don’t eat sweets very often so if I’m going to take the time to make something sweet, it has to be worth it. And with just 7 simple ingredients, you may already have everything you need in your pantry!
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 16 oz cream cheese, bricks, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz container whipped topping, like Cool Whip
- 21 oz canned cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Add the margarine and sugar to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat until creamy with hand mixer.
- Slowly add the flour until just incorporated and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the filling onto the crust.
- Top with the pie filling and chill 2 hours before serving.
Don't worry if the crust comes out with a few cracks in it. Just spread the filling over the top.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cake Pan 9 x 13 Inch
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, White
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 424Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake
- Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
- No Bake Mason Jar Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Crumble Cheesecake
- Brownie Bottom Marbled Strawberry Cheesecake
- One-Pan Peanut Butter Cup Oreo No Bake Cheesecake
- One-Pan Blueberry Lemon Crumble No Bake Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Stuffed Gingerbread Cookies
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake on SoFabFood
- Cheesecake Recipes Collection
- Incredible Homemade Apple Pie
- Lemon Recipes Collection
- Spring Paint Your Own Cookie Kits By Sugar Cupid Sweets LLC
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Deviled Eggs
- Blueberry Recipes Collection
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index