Blueberry Recipes Collection – We have gathered several blueberry recipes from the blog to give you blueberry recipe inspiration for blueberry season! I also talk about when Blueberry Season is for New Hampshire and New Jersey as well as different varieties available. Happy Blueberry eating!
Blueberry Recipes Collection
Hi Everyone, have you tasted this season’s fresh blueberries? Few food ingredients represent Summer more than a bowl full of fresh blueberries warmed by the sun. We just went blueberry picking yesterday, at Solebury Orchards in Solebury, PA and they are so plump and delicious. Yes, there’s nothing like fresh blueberries.
In search of blueberry recipe inspiration, I was looking at all the blueberry recipes that I have previously shared on the blog and decided to do a recipe/list collection to provide you with inspiration too!
When is Blueberry Season? (New Jersey)
In New Jersey, blueberry season begins in late June, it goes into late July and can run into August, depending on the weather.
Blueberry Season – New Jersey
In New Hampshire, blueberry season lasts 6-8 weeks. Blueberry picking starts after July 4th. Peak season is the end of July to the beginning of August.
What Varieties of Blueberries are there?
There are low bush and high bush blueberries. Low bush blueberry varieties are below 1 1/2′ high. ‘Top Hat’ and ‘Ruby Carpet’ are some varieties. (zones 3-7)
Maine is famous for their low bush blueberries, as quoted from Wikipedia:
angustifolium. It’s also referred to as the “lowbush blueberry” but best known as the wild blueberry. … These tasty little gems, known for their exceptionally sweet flavor, are native to Maine.
High bush blueberry cultivars include: Bluecrop, Bluegold, Blueray, Duke, Elliot, Hardyblue, Jersey, Legacy, Patriot, Rubel.
Blueberry Recipe Inspiration
I would love to grow my own blueberries in my garden at some point. They grow very well in New Jersey and there are many blueberry farms here. Already, after making this list, I have a ton of recipe ideas to act on, I would love to hear your suggestions too! Here are a few ideas off the top of my head:
- Blueberry Tart(s)
- Blueberry Pie (Traditional, Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- Blueberry Rhubarb Pie – really, blueberry-rhubarb anything!
- Blueberry Jam/Jelly, Mixed/Triple Berry Jam/Jelly
- Blueberry Ice Cream and/or Roasted Blueberry Ice Cream
- Blueberry Panna Cotta
- Dried Blueberries
- Fermented Blueberries
- Blueberry Sorbet
- a blueberry cocktail/mocktail
- Blueberry Sangria
- Blueberry Soda
- Blueberry Simple Syrup
- Blueberry Syrup
- Blueberry Fizz
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Bourbon Anything, like a Crumble
- Blueberry Crisp
- Blueberry Shortbread
Have you tried any of these recipes below? Please let me know in the comments below and be sure to tag #lifeslittlesweets @lifeslittlesweets on social media (Instagram).
Our Other Recipes
- Strawberry Recipes Collection
- Rice Recipes Collection
- Coffee Drink Recipe Collection
- Instant Pot Recipes Collection
- Healthy Snack Recipes Collection
- St. Patrick’s Day Recipes Collection
- Tomato Recipes Collection
- Potato Recipes Collection
- Steamed Broccoli Rabe Rapini
- Zucchini Recipes Collection
- At Home Grocery Delivery and Pick Up Apps and Services
- 14 Healthy Recipes
- Coffee Drink Recipe Collection
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake on SoFabFood
- Anti-Inflammatory Recipes Collection
- Meal Prep Recipes Collection
- Red, White and Blue Frozen Fruit Smoothie on SoFabFood
- Easy Cherry Cheesecake
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- How To Deep Clean Your Home
- 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
- Seafood Recipes Collection
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index and visit our Home page to view our latest posts