Rustic Oven Roasted Mini Pumpkin Squash is an easy Fall-inspired recipe, with minimal ingredients that takes minutes to prepare and can be made to taste savory or sweet. Enjoy this pretty side dish at the holiday or dinner table (vegan, gluten-free).
Rustic Oven Roasted Mini Pumpkin Squash
Hi Everyone, we grew these mini pumpkins shown in these pictures in our garden over the Summer and we had a large yield. They taste like a mixture between butternut and acorn squash. Their skins are thin enough (and when roasted enough) so that they can be left on and eaten (except around the stem). Not having to remove the skins saves considerable time (make sure you get ones that do not have wax on them, in that case I would skin them).
In the recipe card below, I give an option for making them sweet or savory. In the photos here, I made them with salt, pepper and olive oil.
This Rustic Oven Roasted Mini Pumpkin Squash is one of many pumpkin recipe posts on LLS; to see all the pumpkin-related recipe and posts on LLS, visit here.
This recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Rustic Oven Roasted Mini Pumpkin Squash
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat or parchment or aluminum foil
I know you will love this Rustic Oven Roasted Mini Pumpkin Squash recipe!
- 4 mini pumpkins, washed, stems and ends removed, sliced in 1 inch rings, seeds removed
Savory Seasoning Option
- 1-2 tbsp regular olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper, or amount to taste
Sweet Seasoning Option
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Saigon cinnamon, or amount to taste, you can substitute same amount of pumpkin spice mixture
- 1 tsp brown sugar, or amount to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place mini pumpkin rings on a lined, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the rings and sprinkle Kosher salt and pepper evenly over it. For Sweet Option: Drizzle maple syrup and evenly sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slices are tender when pricked with a fork. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite kind of squash? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara xo
Pin This! ⇓