Sautéed Herb Pumpkin Squash Flowers are a delicious, Summer, garden-inspired, vegan dish. (vegan, gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Table of contents
Sautéed Herb Pumpkin Squash Flowers
Hi Everyone, I am sharing with you a dish that I have been making this Summer: Sautéed Herb Pumpkin Squash Flowers.
These are great as a starter or appetizer or over a salad or as a side with a meal.
The pumpkin and squash flowers are light and delicate in flavor on their own. I grew my own in my garden this Summer (you can check out my garden posts here).
Some grocery stores or farmers’ markets may carry them but I think they are best when they are freshly picked from the garden.
Squash and pumpkin vines produce so many flowers and you have to trim some off anyways so that you can grow better squash and pumpkins.
I grow regular orange pumpkins and striped mini pumpkins in my garden.
I know you will love this Sautéed Herb Pumpkin Squash Flowers recipe!
- How to Roast a Chicken
- Rustic Oven Roasted Mini Pumpkin Squash
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Hops Flower Tea
- Caprese Pizza
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Irish Coffee
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
Have you tried pumpkin or squash flowers? I want to know! Please let me know in the comments below!
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil (drizzle)
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin and/or squash flowers, or amount to taste, washed and dry
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil flowers, or amount to taste, washed and dry, you can also substitute the same amount basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, or amount to taste, washed and dry. chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- fresh ground black pepper medley, amount to taste
- 1 small clove of garlic, optional, crushed and minced
- In a stovetop skillet or frying pan, over medium-high heat, heat oil, add minced garlic.
- Add the pumpkin and squash flowers. Sprinkle the basil flowers on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Stir and toss to evenly cook. Cook until the flowers are just wilted - this should only take a few minutes as the flowers are delicate. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.