This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias #FamilyMobile
Check out our Top 5 Summer Movie Picks that are on my family’s list of movies to watch with VUDU’s streaming service! See our experience with the LG K7 phone with the Nano Starter Kit which we purchased at Walmart!
Top 5 Summer Movie Picks
I recently had a lot of fun going smartphone shopping at Walmart. I was so pleased to find out that you can get a free movie once a month as part of the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan – along with a lot of other sweet features.
My husband Eric and I have been talking about the need to have a date night in and spend time time together after our daughter M. goes to sleep. I also love watching age-appropriate programs and movies with M. as a fun way to bond (I share a picture below of us doing exactly that!).
We will be streaming to the TV for our movie night.
I hope you enjoy our Top 5 Summer Movie Picks and get some ideas of what you can watch this Summer!
About The Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan
Before I launch into my Top 5 Summer Movie Picks, I want to tell you about the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan.
I learned that the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan features Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE data PLUS a free movie on VUDU (new release rental $7 value) every month per line for $49.88. I think that’s a pretty good deal and I am always on the lookout for a good deal being a “resourceful Mama.”
I had a great shopping experience when I went to Walmart to pick up my new LG K7 mobile smartphone and the Nano Starter Kit.
The associate was very helpful and set up the phone right there in the store which helped me immensely because I had my 2-year-old with me and shopping can get hairy with a toddler.
It’s pretty cool that you can start service on ANY plan today for only $19.88!
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this link or your local Walmart for current pricing. *link no longer available
About the LG K7 & The Nano Starter Kit
The Walmart Family Mobile LG K7 Smartphone with Camera is only $89.88.
A smartphone for under $100, now that’s amazing!
Here are some specifications on this sweet smartphone (from the Walmart website):
- 5.0″ FWVGA color display
- 5MP camera with flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Touch and shoot camera
- 1280 x 720 HD recording
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system
- 1.1GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210
- 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory
- Expandable microSD memory card slot (up to 32GB)
- Sync methods: WiFi 801.11 a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, USB, LTE
- 4G LTE capable
- VoLTE capable
- 2,045mAh removable battery
- Talk Time: Up to 11 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 13 days
- Nano SIM starter kit required
I found out that first time ever the starter kit will be on rollback for $19.88 (from $25).
We got the LG K7 home, along with the Nano Starter Kit and took it out to play; see our adventures below!
We went on a family walk with our daughter, took some photos, browsed online, and checked our location and distance walked with the LG K7.
I have have to say, this post was so much fun to do.
I love tech gadgets and so does Eric.
We also love movies!
It was so much fun researching movies and thinking about which ones I love.
VUDU is great because you can watch the trailer before deciding.
I am huge on being able to watch the trailers and am so glad that they have that built-into the service.
Sometimes, I like just watching a bunch of trailers too, especially, in between doing something, when I have a few minutes to kill.
I think I might make a blogger out of Eric yet, he’s been getting more and more involved with my posts and has been super supportive of Life’s Little Sweets. It’s so much fun to collaborate!
I tell you, I am such a shutterbug (as you can see in the photo below) and all that extra data can hold more pictures – 10GB of 4G LTE to be exact. Eric’s a shutterbug too, he’s always posting on his Instagram feed (@6ratrod), so he was quick to try out the new smartphone:)
List of Top 5 Summer Movie Picks
Here are my Top 5 Summer Movie Picks:
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier: This is Eric’s first pick! I have always been a fan of movies based off of comic books since I read them so much as a kid. Eric and I like a lot of different genres and those kinds of movies are ones that Eric and I can watch together (after the kiddo is asleep, of course).
- Zootopia: I am so looking forward to watching this with my daughter. She’s at an age (2+) where she loves animals and I think she will really like this movie. I am always on the look out for movies that I can watch with her.
- The Revenant: I have not see this yet but, yes, I have heard of the bear scene in this movie and I still want to watch it. It has great reviews and though it has gritty realism and a visceral feel, I think it is worth checking out.
- Gods of Egypt: This movie’s trailer got my attention. It looks like the kind of movie that might be bad but I want to watch it and be entertain by all the CGI and familiar actors. Gerard Butler is always entertaining and Nikolaj Coster from Game of Thrones is in it so it must be good!
- Deadpool: Here’s another movie based off of a comic book that we need to see. I am a little skeptical of all the comedic quips that I saw in the trailer and I am hoping that it won’t be too annoying but I love a good origin story and I know Eric will enjoy this one too. It seems to have plenty of slick action and I think that did a pretty good job of designing the Deadpool costume. I bet you never knew what a huge comic book nerd I am!
Other TV/Movie Mentions
- Game of Thrones: I need to catch up on GOT. I have seen up to season 4. I enjoy the show so much that I feel like I have been avoiding watching it to save it for an indulgent binge-watch. Eric used to enjoy this show too but it got too violent for his liking (much to my surprise!). Now that we are parents of a little one, we kinda shy away from heavy and violent subject matter. With GOT, the character and plot development is so good that I am still hooked.
- Ex Machina: Eric and I have already seen this movie and we really enjoyed it. It’s futuristic with topics like technology and artificial intelligence. Definitely one for the adults, perhaps a good date night in movie!
All of the titles on my lists are available to stream through the VUDU streaming service!
- If you like this Top 5 Summer Movie Picks post, Check out DIY Crayons | DIY Pine Mason Jars | Seashell Winter Planters
What movies are on your Summer movie list to watch?
Did you see any on my list?
If so, what are your reviews of them? Please share in the comments below, Thank You!