This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPizzaCombo #CollectiveBias
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
DIY Pizza Peel Strap
This DIY Pizza Peel Strap customizes a pizza peel, allowing it to be stored from a hanging position.
A customized, pizza peel makes a great hostess gift for game day or you can customize your existing pizza peel.
Are you ready for game day?
Get your game day rations at the Sam’s Club where you can get the Family Pizza Combo.
Check out the combo below and the step-by-step tutorial for this DIY Pizza Peel Strap!
Family Pizza Combo at Sam’s Club
Whether it’s needing provisions for game day or you just need a night off from cooking, this Family Pizza Combo at Sam’s Club is an easy, convenient and affordable dinner.
Need something quick to pick up while on your way to someone’s game day party? This combo is it!
The $13.98 combo includes:
- 16-Inch Pizza
- Cheesy Breadsticks with marinara sauce
- Half-dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
- (1) 2 L of Coca-Cola
Truth be told, the Cheesy Breadsticks (pictured above) were the first thing to get gobbled up in our house!
The Chocolate Chip Cookies included in the Family Pizza Combo are big, chewy and have huge, chocolate chunks in them.
Yum, that food looks delicious, now it’s time for the DIY Pizza Peel Strap tutorial!
Materials & Tools Needed for DIY Pizza Peel Strap
Here are some useful tools and the materials you will need to make this DIY Pizza Peel Strap:
- A wooden pizza peel (I used this round one which is 21″ x 16.5″ inches/53.3 cm x 42 cm)
- Heavy duty scissors (that can cut through thin leather)
- Leather hole puncher (I used 1/8″ and 3/16″ inch size hole punches)
- a pencil and/or sharpie – for marking the leather
- a piece of leather – can be crafting leather, I used some 1 mil. lime green, crocodile-printed leather. The size of the leather used for the strap is 1.5″ inches x 12″ inches.
- a ruler
- string or twine – I used a natural twine
- a cutting mat to work on
DIY Pizza Peel Strap – Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Measure and cut a 1.5″x 12″ inch rectangle that will be the strap.
- Fold the leather piece in half (print on the outside), end to end.
- Punch 1 hole through the 2 layers, evenly far enough away from the edges and then below that, 3 equally spaces holes (3/16″ or 1/8″ inch size holes will work). I did a smaller size for the single hole and a larger size for the series of 3 across.
- Weave string through the series of 3 holes, binding the leather together strongly and tie with a double knot.
- Using a doubled up piece of the same natural twine, tie a loop between the pizza peel handle and the one hole at the end of the strap, connecting the two with a secure knot.
You can customize this DIY Pizza Peel Strap with any color of leather and you can make it thicker or thinner if you choose.
And there you have it!
This new, customized pizza peel makes a unique and thoughtful hostess gift for that game day gathering or just to spruce up your existing pizza peel.
- Peach Slump
- Fruit Pizza
- Lactation Cookies
- Au Bon Pain Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
- Meat Sauce Recipe
What are you having for game day? Let me know in the comments below! Best Wishes, ~Sara