Lemon Verbena Tea is a hot (or iced) tea that has digestive aid and relaxing, stress-relieving effects, making it the perfect “after dinner” tea. It’s fresh and vibrant, it tastes great on its own or with honey (or vegan sweetener) and lemon slices.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Lemon Verbena Tea
Hi Everyone, Lemon Verbena tea is a staple in my tea collection. It’s wonderful as an “after dinner” tea, it’s soothing before bed and it’s just a delightful, all-around tea.
You can have it in any season, if you are making it from loose (or bagged) tea leaves or you can make it with fresh leaves if you have access to or grow Lemon Verbena plants.
I keep loose, dried Lemon Verbena leaves for tea, year round. I have tried to grow a Lemon Verbena plant in my garden and the soil wasn’t right for it. The soil was too clay-like for the plant. I will try to improve the soil before growing it again.
It is so great to make from fresh leaves though! I rarely measure exactly when making this tea, I just grab a small handful, about 2 tablespoons. I let it steep 5-10 minutes and I like to have it strong, especially since it a pretty light, bright tea.
In the meantime, the loose leaves for tea making are just fine! I link (Amazon Affiliate link) to the Lemon Verbena tea in the recipe card at the end of the post.
What Do you use Lemon Verbena Tea for?
Here are some reasons why you might want to try Lemon Verbena Tea:
According to WebMD.com:
Lemon verbena is used for digestive disorders including indigestion, gas, colic, diarrhea, and constipation. It is also used for agitation, joint pain, trouble sleeping (insomnia), asthma, colds, fever, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, skin conditions, and chills.
If you have any health concerns or if you are wondering if you should try Lemon Verbena Tea, I suggest you ask your doctor.
Personally, I drink 1-2 cups of this tea in moderation every so often and it works great for me. It’s really mild.
RELATED: Maple Syrup Iced Coffee
RELATED: Lemon Water With Honey (Hot)
RELATED: Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
If you made this Lemon Verbena Tea recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Verbena Leaves (dried, organic preferable)
- 8 ounces hot water (heated to 170 degrees F)
- fresh lemon slices
- honey or Agave syrup or preferred sweetener
- Heat water to 170°F.
- Put the loose lemon verbena leaves into a t-sac or metal fine mesh tea strainer.
- In a heat safe mug, pour the hot water over the tea leaves. Allow to steep, covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with optional lemon slices, honey or preferred sweetener, enjoy!
- To Have Iced Lemon Verbena Tea: Add any optional sweeteners when hot and then pour hot tea over a glass of ice. Serve with optional lemon slices and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hands on Earth Organic Lemon Verbena Tea 2x10g (0.35 oz) / Loose Leaves / Serves 48 Cups (Pack of 2)
- Creative Hobbies 6 Inch Wood Honey Dipper Stick Server for Honey Jar Dispense Drizzle Honey New -Pack of 6
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
- Libbey 10.5-ounce Irish Coffee Mug, 4-piece Set
- Teapot Kettle with Warmer - Tea Pot and Tea Infuser Set - Glass Tea Maker Infusers Holds 3-4 Cups Loose Leaf Iced Blooming or Flowering Tea Filter- Teapots Kettles Tea Strainer Steeper Tea Pots
- OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
- T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 2-Size, 2 to 4-Cup Capacity, Set of 200
- IHUIXINHE Loose Leaf Tea Snap Ball &Tea Mesh Stainless Steel Strainer with Handle (4 Pack) Ball Shape Tea Infuser and Filters
- COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle with 5 Variable Presets, Pour Over Coffee Kettle & Tea Kettle, 100% Stainless Steel Inner Lid & Bottom, 1200 Watt Quick Heating, 0.8L, Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.