DO YOU LOVE ICE CREAM CAKES? WHAT ICE CREAM CAKE MEMORIES DO YOU HAVE? WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BROWNIE RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
- 2 boxes of brownie mix, (I used Ghiradelli dark chocolate brownie mix)
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- 1 recipe Nutella Muddy Buddies
- 1 recipe ganache, , see recipe for Mocha Ganache Frosting recipe in Gluten-Free Mocha Cake, you can also use ready-made fudge or chocolate sauce
- 1 pint of your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream, (an ice cream that is easy to scoop is a plus), I suggest getting extra ice cream, just in case you want more! 😉
- Note: As far as total time goes, if you are an efficient person, you can probably get everything done in under an hour, since I clean as I go and take extra time, it would take me a good hour to get this cake together, be sure to factor in cooling time for the brownie layers, you can try to refrigerate them, as needed, to speed up the process, just don't cover to avoid any condensation.)
- Prepare two 9 inch by 2 inch round pans with parchment paper and grease - this will help when removing the brownies from the pans, alternately, you can try using a spring form pan, although I have not personally tried this recipe with a spring form pan.
- Bake the 2 boxes of brownie mix in 9 inch round cake pans (1 box per pan) according to the brand's instructions. If it does not give a baking time for a round pan, go by the square pan given and check on the brownies before it's due out of the oven - remember you don't want to over bake brownies!
- Have the Nutella Muddy Buddies prepared ahead of time or prepare while the brownies are baking according to recipe.
- Prepare ganache according to recipe, set aside.
- When brownies are done (according to the brand you chose), allow brownies to cool completely before assembling the cake so the ice cream does not melt.
- After the brownies are cooled completely and the bottom brownie layer is removed from pan onto serving plate, have your ice cream ready and start scooping round balls of ice cream onto the top of the first layer, keeping them tight together. Once the first layer is covered, depending on how soft the ice cream is, you can try to spread the balls of ice cream together or you can just leave as is, you just want to make sure that the ice cream layer is flat for the 2nd layer of brownie to avoid the top layer breaking. Remember, if it does break, it will be covered with ganache and Nutella Muddy Buddies and will still taste amazing.
- Very carefully, place the 2nd brownie layer on top of the ice cream layer. At this point, if the ice cream is melting, you can refreeze it or keep going.
- Top cake with the ganache, it should be warm enough to be able to be spread or if you prefer for serving you can have it warm which is a nice contrast to the cold ice cream. You can have any extra ganache for serving.
- Top ice cream with the Nutella Muddy Buddies. There should be plenty left over for more snacking. You can place them all around the cake and for garnishing on top of each slice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9-Inch Round Cake Pans Set, 2-Piece
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pans, Multipack of 2
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.