Muddy Buddy Brownie Ice Cream Cake is the stuff that dreams are made of, specifically, my dreams, and this is a delicious dream come true! Imagine this: Nutella Muddy Buddies top a layer of smooth, warm mocha ganache, with a layer of cold vanilla ice cream between two layers of your favorite brownie – in a bed of more Nutella Buddies!
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Muddy Buddy Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Chocolate Nutella Brownies
- Mint Chocolate Candy Coffee (Easy Peppermint Mocha)
- Brownie Bottom Marbled Strawberry Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Butterfinger Brownie Bars
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
- Beet Salad
- Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How to Reduce Food Waste
- How to Make Compost from Kitchen Waste
- How to Reduce Plastic Use in The Kitchen
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 2 boxes of brownie mix, (I used Ghiradelli dark chocolate brownie mix)
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing
- 1 recipe Nutella Muddy Buddies
- 1 recipe ganache, , see recipe for Mocha Ganache Frosting recipe in Gluten-Free Mocha Cake, you can also use ready-made fudge or chocolate sauce
- 1 pint of your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream, (an ice cream that is easy to scoop is a plus), I suggest getting extra ice cream, just in case you want more! 😉
- Note: As far as total time goes, if you are an efficient person, you can probably get everything done in under an hour, since I clean as I go and take extra time, it would take me a good hour to get this cake together, be sure to factor in cooling time for the brownie layers, you can try to refrigerate them, as needed, to speed up the process, just don't cover to avoid any condensation.)
- Prepare two 9 inches by 2 inches round pans with parchment paper and grease - this will help when removing the brownies from the pans, alternately, you can try using a springform pan, although I have not personally tried this recipe with a springform pan.
- Bake the 2 boxes of brownie mix in 9 inch round cake pans (1 box per pan) according to the brand's instructions. If it does not give a baking time for a round pan, go by the square pan given and check on the brownies before it's due out of the oven - remember you don't want to over bake brownies!
- Have the Nutella Muddy Buddies prepared ahead of time or prepare while the brownies are baking according to the recipe.
- Prepare ganache according to the recipe, set aside.
- When brownies are done (according to the brand you chose), allow brownies to cool completely before assembling the cake so the ice cream does not melt.
- After the brownies are cooled completely and the bottom brownie layer is removed from the pan onto the serving plate, have your ice cream ready and start scooping round balls of ice cream onto the top of the first layer, keeping them tight together. Once the first layer is covered, depending on how soft the ice cream is, you can try to spread the balls of ice cream together or you can just leave as is, you just want to make sure that the ice cream layer is flat for the 2nd layer of brownie to avoid the top layer breaking. Remember, if it does break, it will be covered with ganache and Nutella Muddy Buddies and will still taste amazing.
- Very carefully, place the 2nd brownie layer on top of the ice cream layer. At this point, if the ice cream is melting, you can refreeze it or keep going.
- Top cake with the ganache, it should be warm enough to be able to be spread or if you prefer for serving you can have it warm which is a nice contrast to the cold ice cream. You can have any extra ganache for serving.
- Top ice cream with the Nutella Muddy Buddies. There should be plenty left over for more snacking. You can place them all around the cake and for garnishing on top of each slice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9-Inch Round Cake Pans Set, 2-Piece
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pans, Multipack of 2
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.