Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
This homemade Pumpkin Purée recipe only takes 2 ingredients (kosher salt and pumpkin) and is so easy to make roasted in the oven. You can use it for pasta, gnocchi, pumpkin pie, and other pumpkin recipes. Remember to save those seeds to roast as a healthy snack! (vegan, gluten-free)
Table of contents
Hi Everyone, have you ever looked at canned pumpkin purée and thought, this is probably really easy to make.
The answer is, yes it is! The great thing about this recipe is that you know exactly what is in it: pure, healthy pumpkin goodness!
- 4-6 pounds of pumpkin – this can be 1 or 2 pumpkins as long as it adds up
- kosher salt
- kitchen scale
- silicone baking mat
- spoon, for scooping out the pumpkin
Don’t forget to save the pumpkin seeds!
- Pan-Fried Tomatoes
- Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
- Lilac Flower Honey
- Ted Lasso Biscuit Recipe
- Cucumbers in Pickle Juice
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
This homemade Pumpkin Purée recipe only takes 2 ingredients (kosher salt and pumpkin) and is so easy to make roasted in the oven. You can use it for pasta, gnocchi, pumpkin pie, and other pumpkin recipes. Remember to save those seeds to roast as a healthy snack!
- 4-6 pounds of pumpkin – this can be 1 or 2 pumpkins as long as it adds up, stem and seeds removed, cut in quarters
- coarse kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place the pumpkin pieces on a rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and turn over so that the skin is facing up. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Use a knife to test for doneness in several places. It should go in and come out easily. Allow cooling for 1 hour.
- When the pumpkin is done cooling, peel the skin off. Scrape the inside of the skin to get all the pumpkin flesh. Add the pumpkin to a food processor (you may have to do this in batches), process until smooth. You might have to scrape down the sides during the process. This should take about 3-4 minutes. See notes about storage.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 157gFiber: 35gSugar: 67gProtein: 23g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!
- Pan-Fried Tomatoes - June 4, 2023
- Honeysuckle Simple Syrup - June 3, 2023
- Lilac Flower Honey - June 2, 2023
Leave a Reply