Kids Activities During School Closures – Here is a compiled list of kids activities resources during school closures to help you teach and entertain your children!
Kids Activities During School Closures
Hi Everyone, I crowd-sourced kids activities among my friends and family to put together a resource list of activities for kids who are at home due to school closures.
School Closures During the Covid-19 Pandemic
At the time of my writing this, my two children’s school has been closed now for 5 days. For my eldest, we have a e-learning curriculum with many resources to choose from. I find that in this new situation and environment of homeschooling, I need to be fluid in our schedule and break up the lessons throughout the day or we all get burnt out. I am not a trained teacher, I am their mom and I have to learn how to teach on the fly.
I felt that it would be good to survey my friends and fellow parents what is working for them at home now. It turns out there are so many creative resources to draw from which I can use to fill in as I prepare the next lesson or juggle the kids schedule while I check in with my own business work, home chores, and our family’s food prep and meals – just listing that list of things makes me realize why I am so tired at the end of the day!
I am here to share this list with you that I will be updating as I find more resources.
I notice on Facebook/Instagram/Social Media that many artists, musical and visual are sharing free lessons during this time, so be on the look out for those learning opportunities as well!
List of Kids Activities
- Elmwood Park Zoo – they have livesteams of animals and demonstrations that you can watch for free
- kids a-z – Great for phonics and reading
- Scholastic.com (for teachers)
- 49 Montessori-inspired ideas for indoor activities with your kids (sent to us by my son’s Montessori preschool)
- Musical Yoga Adventures on YouTube – Songs and yoga routine videos for children
- Little Baby Bum – Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs – great for babies, younger preschool age children
- Super Simple Songs – Kids Songs
- Peppa Pig – Official Channel (maybe not the most education unless you want your kids to speak in an English accent but they certainly love it)
Music & Movement
- Musical Yoga Adventures (website) – Routines combining music and yoga for children created by Linda Lara (full disclosure, by my mother-in-law). Music CDs available for purchase.
I hope you find something helpful on this list. This list is still evolving as I gather more resources; please pin, bookmark and check back for updates.
If you think of something that is not on this list, please let me know in the comments below, so I can take a look at it. Thank you for reading and following along! Stay safe everyone.
Our Other Posts & Recipes
If you like this, “Kids Activities During School Closures” post, check out our other posts and recipes:
- Our Food and Lifestyle Mantra
- Museum of Science Boston
- Pizza Recipes Collection
- Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookies