Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Kumquats are versatile citrus fruit that can be used in a variety of recipes. From sweet to savory, kumquats add a unique flavor and tangy brightness to dishes. In this list, we have compiled some of the best kumquat recipes to help you get creative in the kitchen. From traditional kumquat marmalade to refreshing kumquat cocktails, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Let’s dive in and explore the delicious possibilities of this tiny fruit!
Table of contents
- Kumquat Marmalade: A classic way to use kumquats is to make marmalade. This sweet and tangy spread is perfect for toast, scones, and biscuits.
- Candied Kumquats: These sweet and tart little fruits can be candied and used in cakes, pies, and other desserts.
- Kumquat Salad: A fresh and zesty salad can be made with thinly sliced kumquats, mixed greens, and a citrus vinaigrette.
- Kumquat Salsa: Add some zing to your tacos or grilled meats with a kumquat salsa that is both sweet and spicy.
- Kumquat Chicken: This recipe features pan-seared chicken breasts with a kumquat sauce that is flavored with honey, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Kumquat Cocktail: Muddle kumquats with your favorite spirits and mixers for a unique and refreshing cocktail.
- Kumquat Tarts: These tiny tarts are the perfect size for a sweet snack or dessert. Fill them with a kumquat curd or preserve them and top them with whipped cream.
- Kumquat Glazed Ham: Add a citrus twist to your holiday ham with a kumquat glaze that is both sweet and savory.
- Kumquat Chutney: This tangy and spicy condiment is perfect for pairing with cheese and crackers or as a topping for grilled meats.
- Kumquat Ice Cream: This creamy treat can be made by infusing a custard base with kumquat zest and juice, then churning it in an ice cream maker.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but the possibilities are endless with kumquats!
- Check out our related article on our blog, KUMQUAT: THE TINY CITRUS FRUIT THAT PACKS A PUNCH