Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias #ad
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Black Bean Burger Bites are a savory & delicious recipe perfect for the tailgating season. They are so easy to make with MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers! (vegetarian)
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Black Bean Burger Bites
Hi Everyone! Do you feel Fall coming on yet? Labor Day is just past us but the official first day of Fall isn’t until September, 22nd (2017). So let’s enjoy the little bit of Summer we still have with these Tomato Basil Mozzarella Black Bean Burger Bites!
I picked up MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack and MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burgers at Walmart in the frozen food aisle.
I also found all the other ingredients for this recipe at Walmart.
You can’t go wrong with the flavor pairings of tomato, basil and Mozzarella – I love this flavor combination. Now, put that with these MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers and you have a flavorful, spicy and satisfying little bite.
Besides being the perfect tailgating food, I could see these Tomato Basil Mozzarella Black Bean Burger Bites being served at ANY gathering or holiday.
These bites take full advantage of the season as my garden is abounding with basil.
I will definitely miss having a garden over the Winter months.
I will have to do some sort of indoor garden so I can enjoy recipes like this all year round.
I have literally been eating MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers since I was in college.
Did you know that they are America’s #1 Veggie Burger?
My husband and I love to do 1-2 nights a week without meat in our dinners.
We love these Spicy Black Bean Burgers or other MorningStar Farms® veggie burgers and always have them in our freezer, just in case.
I garnished this plate with some basil flowers on the side, in case you don’t recognize the garnish 🙂
Basil flowers are edible as well as the leaves.
They have a more subtle flavor.
I must stress the importance of blistering the tomatoes in the grill pan.
It totally changes the tomatoes and makes them sweeter but you also get some salty flavor in there due to the salt, pepper, and garlic.
Of course, you can totally cook the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers in the grill pan or on the grill outside – no need to defrost!
This is very convenient if you are in a hurry and want your food right quickly.
I sprinkled more Kosher salt and a fresh ground pepper medley before serving.
Here are some large, step-by-step photos (in addition to the smaller photos in the recipe card below) of how to make these delicious Tomato Basil Mozzarella Black Bean Burger Bites:
I love how individual these bites are, the perfect size for your guests to grab one!
I know you will love these Tomato Basil Mozzarella Black Bean Burger Bites!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Puff Pastry Tart
- Gluten-Free Fried Tomatoes
- Basil Recipes Collection
- Tomato Recipes Collection
What are you serving for tailgating? Please let me know in the comments below!
- Cheez-It Toffee
- Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Red Mashed Potatoes
- Pork Cabbage Potsticker Wonton Dumplings (Steamed or Fried)
- Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings
- black bean burgers
- 1 8 ounce container "Cherry Mozzarella" balls, you will not use the entire container if you are making 2 burgers, cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, you may not use the entire package, depending on how many burgers you use
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil (a drizzle), for blistering the tomatoes
- 1 pinch Kosher salt , to taste
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, or amount to taste, washed and dry
- wooden toothpicks
- Prepare the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers according to package. You can put them right on the grill or bake them in the oven if you prefer
- When the MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers are done, slice each one in 4 equal pieces.
Blister the Tomatoes
- In a grill pan, heat oil and garlic over medium-high heat, add the desired amount of tomatoes. Turn the tomatoes over so they cook evenly and the skin is "blistered." When they are done allow them to cool for 5 minutes before skewering with the wooden toothpicks because the insides will be very hot.
- Skewer the ingredients, serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Lodge 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Ribbed 12-Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan with Dual Handles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.