Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Stovetop Espresso (How to Make Stovetop Espresso) is incredibly easy to make. Freshly, brewed hot, espresso is the base for many delicious espresso-based drinks. It can be made right at home, for a fraction of the price of the cafe! (Makes 1-2 servings)
How to Make Stovetop Espresso
Hi Everyone, many espresso-based recipes here on the blog require freshly brewed espresso or espresso that you can make and then chill to make an iced espresso drink.
Espresso is actually very easy to make at home on your stovetop! No expensive espresso maker is required (although, if you also have a high-end espresso maker, good for you!)
- espresso, medium grind – my espresso maker takes about 1/4 cup, this amount will vary depending on the side of your stovetop espresso maker
- espresso maker
- wet measure
- heat-safe espresso cup
Check out our most recent recipes and posts on our blog:
- Ginger Syrup
- Sourdough Graham Crackers
- Shortbread Cookie Recipes
- Maple Shortbread Cookies
- Honey Shortbread
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Iced Honey Oat Milk Latte
- How to Make Oat Milk
- Oat Milk Latte
- Collagen Coffee Recipe
- Whipped Coffee Recipes
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Coffee with Whipped Cream
- Coffee Drink Recipe Collection
- Coconut Milk Latte
If you make this recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Fill the stovetop espresso maker with water to the fill line. Place the grinds piece in the center, fill it with medium grind espresso roast coffee. Screw the top piece on, place it on the stovetop over high heat. Stay close to the stovetop and keep an eye on it because it will brew pretty fast.
- When it's done brewing, you can use it in an espresso-based, drink recipe or drink it as is. Enjoy!
- Notes: My espresso maker takes about 1/4 cup, this amount will vary depending on the side of your stovetop espresso maker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Aozita Espresso Cups and Saucers with Espresso Spoons, Stackable Espresso Mugs,12-piece 2.5-Ounce Demitasse Cups (Protective Packaging)
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Breville BES980XL Oracle Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel
The Original Bialetti Moka Express - 6 Cup Stovetop Coffee Maker with Safety Valve – brews 9.2 ounces
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!