Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup – This is a light, Summer-y herb-infused, sweet simple syrup. Pair this delicious syrup with drinks, mocktails, cocktails and over desserts. (vegan, gluten-free)
Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup
Hi Everyone, I have the perfect, mint-y, herb-y simple syrup for you: Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup.
It has the relaxing effects lemon verbena, cooling, clean mint & slightly bitter hops. Those herb-y, slightly bitter notes are what makes this simple syrup complex in flavor. I love this simple syrup for any hot weather drink.
RELATED: Lavender Simple Syrup
Ingredients for Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup
- about 1 teaspoon dried lemon verbena (3 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon dried hops flowers
- 1-3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
RELATED: Strawberry Lemonade
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup
- small-medium saucepan
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- jar container with lid
RELATED: Rosewater Lemonade
What can you make with Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup?
Here are just a few ideas off the top of my head to make with this Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup:
- Sweet Tea
- to use as a topping for ice cream and other desserts
RELATED: Cold Drinks Recipe Collection
How do you Make Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup?
Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup is essentially the combination of a brewed Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Tea and granulated white sugar in a 1 to 1 ratio. You can easily double and triple this recipe, if you need to make a large amount.
Our Other Recipes & Posts
- Strawberry Recipes Collection
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index and visit our Home page to view our latest posts
If you try this Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup recipe and like it, please give the recipe a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments how it worked out. Thank you for reading and following along!
- Put lemon verbena, hops and mint leaves in a t-sac or mesh tea strainer. Set aside.
- In a small-medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- Once it's boiling, remove from heat and add the hops, lemon verbena and mint into the water.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes (no longer than 15 minutes, the longer it stand, it can get more bitter in taste).
- Remove the tea strainer or t-sac.
- Add the 1 cup granulated white sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour into a lidded jar. Store in the refrigerator. Use in your favorite drinks, lemonade, mocktails and cocktails, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 2-Size, 2 to 4-Cup Capacity, Set of 200
Greek Lemon Verbena, Organic, Single Origin, Whole leaves. High Antioxidant and Polyphenol content - 3rd party Lab tested.
bMAKER- Edible & Kosher Certified Dried Flowers Sampler: Passion Flowers, Hibiscus, Elder, Heather, Hops and Chrysanthemum Flowers - Best for Culinary, and DIY Soap Making, Bath Bomb & Crafts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 395 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 11mg Carbohydrates: 102g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 100g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- December Recipes Collection - December 10, 2019
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Latte (Mermaid Latte) - December 9, 2019
- Cold Brew Brownies - December 7, 2019