Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadePrenatalDHA #CollectiveBias
This Berry Chia Date Smoothie is a healthier smoothie option being naturally sweetened with Medjool dates, plus it has fresh blueberries, raspberries and chia seeds. Optionally, you can top it with shaved bittersweet chocolate. (vegan option) See how this smoothie and Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA from Sam’s Club are apart of my new mom routine!
Berry Chia Date Smoothie
Hi Everyone, giving yourself a healthy dose of antioxidants via delicious fresh berries like blueberries and raspberries in the form of this Berry Chia Date Smoothie is the kind of afternoon snack that is always a welcome treat.
It’s really important to feed oneself after having a baby, so I am always thinking of nutrient-dense food that I can have. This is exactly the kind of light snack that is perfect for when I am taking my Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA vitamin. It’s important to cover all my bases nutritionally and just in case, I know that I am covered by having a Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA vitamin.
Dairy and Dairy-Free/Vegan Option
I use whole milk or 2% milk for this recipe but you can make this Berry Chia Date Smoothie with a dairy-free “milk” like coconut milk, almond milk or soy milk, if you wish, for a vegan option.
Natural Sweetness with Dates
I wanted to forgo traditional refined sugar in lieu of Medjool dates because we all need a break from traditional forms of sugar this time of year wherever we can. I did add (optionally) a little Bittersweet chocolate to the top because, just a little chocolate can’t hurt, can it? I also feel like bittersweet chocolate goes so well with the berries and it’s not overly sweet like other chocolate options.
About Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA
I take Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA vitamins everyday. My doctor recommended that I take prenatal vitamins throughout my pregnancy and after giving birth while breastfeeding and as my body recovers from birth.
Here’s what I learned about Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA:
- Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes
- Clinically proven absorption of folic acid and iron
- One per day dosage
- Easy-to-swallow softgel
- You should start taking a prenatal 6 months before you start trying to get pregnant
- Take with food
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals (before and during pregnancy) including Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Iodine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3†
- Provides 200 mg DHA which may help support fetal brain and eye development †
- “Free from”:
- No Synthetic Dyes
- No Yeast or Starch
- No Artificial Flavors
- Gluten Free
- Clinically proven absorption of Folic Acid and Iron
- Folic Acid is an important B Vitamin for Women of Childbearing Age and Pregnant Women – Plays a critical role in the proper development of the baby’s nervous system.†
- Adequate folic acid in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a neural tube defect.
Ingredients for Berry Chia Date Smoothie
- chia seeds
- whole or 2% milk – you can substitute dairy-free milk for a vegan option
- Medjool dates with seeds removed; this is your natural sweetener, amount to taste
- fresh raspberries, washed
- fresh blueberries, washed
- whole or 2% milk, amount to taste, according to how thick or thin you want the consistency to be
- bittersweet chocolate – optional, amount to taste
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Berry Chia Date Smoothie
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk, can substitute dairy-free milk, for soaking chia seeds
- 2-3 Medjool dates, seeds removed, this is your natural sweetener, amount to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 3/4-1 1/2 cups milk, amount to taste according to how thick or thin you want the consistency to be
- 1 tsp shaved bittersweet chocolate, optional, amount to taste
- Combine chia seeds and 1/4 cup milk and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to hydrate the chia seeds.
- In a blender, add the chia seed mixture, seeded dates, raspberries, blueberries, and amount of milk for desired consistency.
- Add more raspberries, blueberries and optional shaved bittersweet chocolate to top before serving. Enjoy!
- this recipe requires the use of a blender
- The nutritional information is just an ESTIMATE; we use myfitnesspal.com to generate the nutritional information for this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 609
- To shop for Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA at Sam’s Club, visit here
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
How would you customize this smoothie? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara xo
Pin This! ⇓
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- How to Make Kale Chips - May 23, 2019
- 12 Memorial Day Recipes - May 23, 2019
- Visit to the Strawberry Festival at Peddler’s Village - May 22, 2019