Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadePrenatalDHA #CollectiveBias
This Berry Chia Date Smoothie is a healthier smoothie option being naturally sweetened with Medjool dates, plus it has fresh blueberries, raspberries, and chia seeds. Optionally, you can top it with shaved bittersweet chocolate. (vegan option) See how this smoothie and Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA from Sam’s Club are a part of my new mom routine!
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of contents
Berry Chia Date Smoothie
Hi Everyone, giving yourself a healthy dose of antioxidants via delicious fresh berries like blueberries and raspberries in the form of this Berry Chia Date Smoothie is the kind of afternoon snack that is always a welcome treat.
It’s really important to feed oneself after having a baby, so I am always thinking of nutrient-dense food that I can have.
This is exactly the kind of light snack that is perfect for when I am taking my Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA vitamin.
It’s important to cover all my bases nutritionally and just in case, I know that I am covered by having a Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA vitamin.
Dairy and Dairy-Free/Vegan Option
I use whole milk or 2% milk for this recipe but you can make this Berry Chia Date Smoothie with a dairy-free “milk” like coconut milk, almond milk or soy milk, if you wish, for a vegan option.
Natural Sweetness with Dates
I wanted to forgo traditional refined sugar in lieu of Medjool dates because we all need a break from traditional forms of sugar this time of year wherever we can.
I did add (optionally) a little Bittersweet chocolate to the top because just a little chocolate can’t hurt, can it?
I also feel like bittersweet chocolate goes so well with the berries and it’s not overly sweet like other chocolate options.
About Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA
I take Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA vitamins every day.
My doctor recommended that I take prenatal vitamins throughout my pregnancy and after giving birth while breastfeeding and as my body recovers from birth.
Here’s what I learned about Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA:
- Nature Made Prenatal Multi + 200 mg DHA is guaranteed to meet our high-quality standards – it is made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes
- Clinically proven absorption of folic acid and iron
- One per day dosage
- Easy-to-swallow soft gel
- You should start taking a prenatal 6 months before you start trying to get pregnant
- Take with food
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals (before and during pregnancy) including Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Iodine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3†
- Provides 200 mg DHA which may help support fetal brain and eye development †
- “Free from”:
- No Synthetic Dyes
- No Yeast or Starch
- No Artificial Flavors
- Clinically proven absorption of Folic Acid and Iron
- Folic Acid is an important B Vitamin for Women of Childbearing Age and Pregnant Women – Plays a critical role in the proper development of the baby’s nervous system.†
- Adequate folic acid in healthful diets may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a neural tube defect.
Ingredients for Berry Chia Date Smoothie
- chia seeds
- whole or 2% milk – you can substitute dairy-free milk for a vegan option
- Medjool dates with seeds removed; this is your natural sweetener, amount to taste
- fresh raspberries washed
- fresh blueberries washed
- whole or 2% milk, amount to taste, according to how thick or thin you want the consistency to be
- bittersweet chocolate – optional, amount to taste
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Berry Chia Date Smoothie
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- How to Roast a Chicken
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Hops Flower Tea
- Caprese Pizza
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Irish Coffee
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- Egg Carrot Salad
How would you customize this smoothie? Please let me know in the comments below!
- How to Brown Butter
- Rice Pudding
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Bran Muffins
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk, can substitute dairy-free milk, for soaking chia seeds
- 2-3 Medjool dates, seeds removed, this is your natural sweetener, amount to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 3/4-1 1/2 cups milk, amount to taste according to how thick or thin you want the consistency to be
- 1 tsp shaved bittersweet chocolate, optional, amount to taste
- Combine chia seeds and 1/4 cup milk and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to hydrate the chia seeds.
- In a blender, add the chia seed mixture, seeded dates, raspberries, blueberries, and amount of milk for desired consistency.
- Add more raspberries, blueberries, and optional shaved bittersweet chocolate to the top before serving. Enjoy!
- this recipe requires the use of a blender
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Anchor Hocking Heavy Base Highball Drinking Glasses, 15 oz (Set of 12)
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade, Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container, Black - 001372
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 702Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 111gFiber: 20gSugar: 60gProtein: 27g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.