Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs is a garden-inspired, fragrant & flavorful, savory main dish. (gluten-free option, 4-6 servings)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs
Hi Everyone, I love sharing recipes that are garden-inspired, after starting my garden this past Spring.
These Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken thighs use lemon, lime, garlic, plenty of herbs like Winter Savory, Thyme, and Rosemary.
I love having this main dish with rice (I love to drizzle the chicken marinade juice on the rice!) and a simple garden salad.
If you are looking for a good salad recipe to go with this Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs, check them out here.
This recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
I love Winter Savory, it’s similar to Thyme and it has a scent that is so interesting, I knew it would be perfect for this Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs recipe.
Eric’s dad Michel grows it in his garden in LBI and now I am convinced that I need to grow it too in my garden at home.
This Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken thigh recipe uses olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and optionally, you can dot the top with butter (for butter flavor).
I know you will love this delicious Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs recipe!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Fresh Herb Baked Salmon
- Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast
- Grilled Cheese Tomato Bites on SoFabFood
- Baked Ham
- Herb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs
What side dishes would you serve with this Citrus Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs recipe?
- 1st Birthday Cake
- Coffee Limeade
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade
- Puff Pastry Baked Brie
- Lavender Mint Water
Please let me know in the comments below!
- 1-2 pounds boneless chicken thighs and legs, use the freshest available, I recommend organic, sustainably raised
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme sprigs, washed and chopped
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary , washed
- 5 sprigs winter savory springs, washed
- 1/2 lemon, sliced, reserve the remaining half for garnish
- 1/2 lime, sliced, reserve the remaining half for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar, I prefer Balsamic vinegar imported from Modena, Italy, omit if you need this recipe to be gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, optional, to dot the top before baking
- Mix all the prepared marinade ingredients together with the chicken thighs. You can put everything in a Ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can also just put everything in the baking dish that you will bake the chicken in and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- After the chicken has been marinated. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You can also bake chicken thighs at a higher temperature like 400, 425, or even 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes respectively, the higher temperature will burn up the herbs so that's why I recommend 350 degrees for longer which cooks the thighs through and leaves them juicy. So, if you do the higher temperature, make sure you remove the herbs or have them covered by the thighs or submerged in the marinade. Enjoy with your favorite sides!
The safest way to check for doneness is by using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of chicken thighs should be 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.