Boiled Butter Corn is sweet, savory and a true sign of Summer! Enjoy this classic way to enjoy corn at any Summer gathering. Cooks in 5 minutes!
Boiled Butter Corn
Hi Everyone! Who here remembers Summers shucking corn and then having said corn with butter, salt and pepper? I do! I am sharing one of the most simple & delightful, Summer recipes: Boiled Butter Corn.
I use kosher salt because it has larger flakes, salted butter and either black pepper or a peppercorn medley – that’s fresh ground pepper, of course!
When I am shucking the corn, a quick and easy way to make things go faster is breaking off the stem first and then the leaves come off. Doing this saves so much time and I wish I knew that when I was a little kid, peeling one leaf at a time!
I also love to sprinkle cheese, like shredded or shaved Parmesan on top to add more delicious flavor.
If you can, support your local farmers and buy your corn local, it’s most likely to be super fresh too!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Don’t you love those little corn trays and 10Pcs Funny Stainless Steel Corn Shaped BBQ Corn Food Fruit Holder Prong Skewers“>corn handles (I guess that’s what they would be called?). I found those at my local grocery store during the Summer season. I found something similar online:
This is such an easy vegetable side dish to pair with any main dish – if you are a reader of this blog, you know I love my vegetable sides!
I hope you enjoy some Boiled Butter Corn today!
What’s your favorite way to have corn? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓
- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, or desired amount, for salting the water during boiling
- salted butter, to taste, for serving
- Kosher salt, to taste, for serving
- fresh ground black or pepper medley , to taste, for serving
- Bring a large pot (or Dutch oven) of water to boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water.
- Add the shucked corn. Allow to bring to a boil again and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn onto a plate and butter while it's hot. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve while hot, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Corn Cob Holders and Dishes Set Corn on the Cob Skewer and Dish Set - Includes 12 Jumbo Corn Cob Holders with Comfort Grip Handles and 6 Trays (18 Pisces) - By Ram Pro
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 1172mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.