Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are a salty and sweet snack perfect for entertaining to satisfy your cravings. These take only minutes to prepare with only 3 ingredients!
Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels
When you need a salty and sweet snack to satisfy your chocolate craving, these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are perfect!
You can make a few at a time or use a whole bag of mini pretzels for a big batch which would be great for entertaining or game day.
They are fun and easy to make, the kind of low-pressure recipe that’s perfect for doing with other people or as an activity to get the family involved 🙂
I use my 1-ingredient, Easy Caramel (Dulce de Leche) recipe for the caramel dipping sauce in this recipe.
Alternately, you can melt candy caramels in the microwave but I haven’t tried that method. I love how the caramel inside the Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels is soft when you bite into is using the Easy Caramel recipe.
Who can resist a bowl of these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels? I can’t, I eat them all within a day when I make them!
In fact, as I write this, I am craving more 🙂
I love how these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are dipped partway, so that when you handle them as you eat them, you don’t get chocolate all over your hands – just where it matters – in your tummy 🙂
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels (You can substitute your favorite chocolate: white, milk or dark chocolate, I find semi sweet and dark chocolate easiest to work with)
- 1 bag mini pretzels (16 ounce/1 lb.)
- 1 recipe Easy Caramel (Dulce de Leche)
Kitchen Tools Needed for Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels
- various sized bowls for the chocolate, mini pretzels and caramel (medium and small sizes)
- spoons and forks for stirring
- Wax paper, parchment or a Silpat Silicone Baking Mat (as shown in the pictures, this is a link to the EXACT one I use, it’s amazing!)
- a cookie sheet, preferably with turned up sides
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels!
What’s your favorite candy/pretzel recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels, (You can substitute your favorite chocolate: white, milk or dark chocolate, I find semi sweet and dark chocolate easiest to work with)
- 1 bag mini pretzels, (16 ounce/1 lb.)
- 1 recipe Easy Caramel, (Dulce de Leche)
- Melt the chocolate morsels in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between each interval. For my microwave this takes about 3 times.
- Heat up the already made Easy Caramel in the microwave, just enough so it's easy to stir. For me 2, 30-second intervals (stirring in between) works. The chocolate should be more liquid-y than the caramel, so the chocolate will coat the caramel well.
- Holding each mini pretzel, dip in the caramel partway and then dip in the warm chocolate. Make sure the caramel is completely covered. Place each one on a wax/parchment/silicone baking mat-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Store in an air-tight container so the pretzels will no stale. I store these in the refrigerator. I recommend consuming them within a day. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 113 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 1g
Our Other Recipes
- If you like this Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels recipe, Check out our all of our Candy, Chocolate and Desserts Categories on Life’s Little Sweets.