Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are a salty and sweet snack perfect for entertaining to satisfy your cravings. These take only minutes to prepare with only 3 ingredients!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels
Hi Everyone, when you need a salty and sweet snack to satisfy your chocolate craving, these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are perfect!
You can make a few at a time or use a whole bag of mini pretzels for a big batch which would be great for entertaining or game day.
They are fun and easy to make, the kind of low-pressure recipe that’s perfect for doing with other people or as an activity to get the family involved 🙂
I use my 1-ingredient, Easy Caramel (Dulce de Leche) recipe for the caramel dipping sauce in this recipe.
Alternately, you can melt candy caramels in the microwave but I haven’t tried that method.
I love how the caramel inside the Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels is soft when you bite into it using the Easy Caramel recipe.
Who can resist a bowl of these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels?
I can’t, I eat them all within a day when I make them!
In fact, as I write this, I am craving more 🙂
I love how these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels are dipped partway, so that when you handle them as you eat them, you don’t get chocolate all over your hands – just where it matters – in your tummy 🙂
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels (You can substitute your favorite chocolate: white, milk, or dark chocolate, I find semi-sweet and dark chocolate easiest to work with)
- 1 bag mini pretzels (16 ounce/1 lb.)
- 1 recipe Easy Caramel (Dulce de Leche)
- various sized bowls for the chocolate, mini-pretzels, and caramel (medium and small sizes)
- spoons and forks for stirring
- Wax paper, parchment, or a Silpat Silicone Baking Mat (as shown in the pictures, this is a link to the EXACT one I use, it’s amazing!)
- a cookie sheet, preferably with turned upsides
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Caramel Dipped Pretzels!
What’s your favorite candy or pretzel recipe?
Let me know in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Banana Caramel French Toast Breakfast Bake
- Savory Mini Farfalle Pasta Quinoa Salsa Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Onion Dip
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Queso Dip
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Roasted Fairytale Eggplant
- Roasted Sorrel Chips
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Roasted Purslane Chips
- How to Make Milk with Milk Powder
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels, (You can substitute your favorite chocolate: white, milk or dark chocolate, I find semi-sweet and dark chocolate easiest to work with)
- 1 bag mini pretzels, (16 ounce/1 lb.)
- 1 recipe Easy Caramel, (Dulce de Leche)
- Melt the chocolate morsels in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between each interval. For my microwave, this takes about 3 times.
- Heat up the already made Easy Caramel in the microwave, just enough so it's easy to stir. For me 2, 30-second intervals (stirring in between) works. The chocolate should be more liquidy than the caramel, so the chocolate will coat the caramel well.
- Holding each mini pretzel, dip in the caramel partway, and then dip in the warm chocolate. Make sure the caramel is completely covered. Place each one on a wax/parchment/silicone baking mat-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Store in an air-tight container so the pretzels will no stale. I store these in the refrigerator. I recommend consuming them within a day. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.