Looking for something new to take to your next get-together or potluck? With only 5 ingredients, it’s fast and easy to whip up a batch of this Dill Pickle Dip. Crunchy and salty, just like a pickle. Only better.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Dill Pickle Dip
I really wish I had created this recipe when I was much younger.
It would’ve saved me and my siblings a lot of time from making dill pickle roll-ups.
You know the recipe; slices of ham slathered in cream cheese and a pickle rolled up in the center.
These are also delicious, but just take so much time to make. My dad would have us sit and make a plate of them.
Part of the problem was having to refrain from eating them while making them.
In my Corn Soufflé post, I mentioned that we also had to shuck corn, but I swear my parents weren’t really that hard on us; they were just encouraging a strong work ethic.
- Cream cheese
- Dill pickles
- Red onion
- Dill weed
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
When I was working on the recipe development for this Dill Pickle Dip, I quickly realized that I wasn’t making enough.
As with most recipes that require a chip or cracker to dip, it didn’t last very long in our house.
The first time I made it, it was gone before I could take pictures for this post. (That’s one way to know a recipe has passed the testing stage.)
A few notes: (1) I love the midget dills for this Dill Pickle Dip.
I don’t have a specific brand that I use, they are all delicious. (2) If you want to thin out the dip a bit you can add a couple of teaspoons of pickle juice from the jar. (3) You can use any ham you like.
I used smoked deli ham in the pre-packaged containers. (4) My favorite way to dip this is Dill Pickle Dip is using the Snack Factory pretzel thins.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Red Potato Salad with Dill
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Creamy Cheesy Crab Dip on SoFabFood
- No-Knead Oatmeal Bread
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Homemade Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
- Red Velvet Lasagna Dessert Recipe
- Easy Peanut Sauce
- Recipes Readers Are Making Now
What’s your favorite dip recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Latte (Mermaid Latte)
- Bunny Bait
- Bubble Coffee Recipe (Boba Coffee)
- How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- No-Knead Bread
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups dill pickles, diced
- 4 oz deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Combine all the ingredients and chill for an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
- DOWAN 22oz Porcelain Soup/Cereal Bowls - 4 Packs, White
- DOWAN (2 Packs) 2-1/2 Quart Porcelain Serving Bowls - Salad/Pasta Bowl Set, White, Stackable
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Oggi 7048 Stainless Steel Spoon Rest, 8.25 inch by 4.5 inch
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218