Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AWMemories
Root Beer Float Popsicles have the taste of everyone’s favorite classic cold drink, root beer floats. It only requires 2 ingredients, A&W® Root Beer and vanilla ice cream to create these ice-y, sweet treats, perfect for hot, Summer weather!
Root Beer Float Popsicles
Hi Everyone, Are you anticipating cold, Summer treats like I am? We’ve have a few previews of warm weather so far this Spring and I am looking forward to it! These Root Beer Float Popsicles are an easy cold, sweet treat.
My family and I have been looking forward to all the things we can so in the Summer together.
My daughter and I have had the best time making Root Beer Floats and these Root Beer Float Popsicles. We make a mess in the kitchen and have so much fun doing it.
My parents would make my sister and I Root Beer Floats in the Summer months when we were growing up. If you are not familiar with the cold drink recipe, it’s basically, root beer and scoops of vanilla ice cream which makes a creamy, delicious combination. It’s something we would have on vacations when we were all together, on special occasions or during the hot, Summer months. I’m continuing that tradition of having root beer floats as a special, sweet treat with a different spin on it – as a popsicle!
An Easy Recipe
This easy recipe only requires 2 ingredients: A&W Root Beer and vanilla ice cream with some time (at least 2 hours or overnight in the freezer). Don’t forget, of course you will need popsicle molds as well.
By the way, A&W is celebrating its 100th anniversary; it’s pretty cool that they have been around for this long!
Ingredients for Root Beer Float Popsicles
- A&W Root beer (I got a 2-liter bottle, so there’s plenty leftover to drink or to make more popsicles or root beer floats)
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream or amount to taste (I did 2 small scoops per popsicle mold)
I easily found A&W root beer at Walmart in the soft drinks section.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Popsicle molds (I used a 6 pack)
- small ice cream scoop
- spoon for pushing the ice cream into the popsicle mold
Below I included a photo of a root beer float to show you what it looks like.
I also did a few popsicles just the A&W Root Beer only (see above) to show you what that looks like. Those are good too!
If you try this Root Beer Float Popsicles recipe and like it, please give the recipe a rating in the recipe card and let us know in the comments below; thank you for reading and following along!
For more A&W recipes inspired by special memories, visit here!
- A&W Root Beer, amount to taste
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream or amount to taste
- Add 2 small scoops of vanilla ice cream to the popsicle molds.
- Add the A&W Root Beer to the popsicle molds.
- Add the tops (sticks) to the popsicle molds.
- Freeze the popsicles in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight. When they are done, enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- Apple Galette(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Bananas Foster Dessert Recipe
- Strawberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Root Beer Float Recipe
- Cookie Recipes Collection
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes Collection
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index and visit our Home page to view our latest posts