This Fresh Basil Flower Tea is a great way to use up basil flowers and has a subtle minty, herby and refreshing flavor. (vegan, gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Fresh Basil Flower Tea
Hi Everyone, I have been loving making this Fresh Basil Flower Tea.
I always have basil flowers from my garden from my “basil forest” that has grown this Summer.
I always prune the flowers to make the leaves grow and one day I realized I can use the flowers too because they are edible.
They have more of a subtle flavor compared to the leaves, making them perfect for tea!
All you need is a few sprigs of fresh basil flowers from the garden and hot water.
I know you will love this Fresh Basil Flower Tea!
Our Other Tea & Drink Recipes
- Passion Flower Tea (2019)
- How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (2019)
- Heather Flower Tea (2019)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe (2018)
- Thai Iced Tea (2018)
- Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Fresh Mint Tea (2017)
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea (2016)
- Cold-Brewed Smashed Raspberry Honey Iced Tea (2015)
- Related: Home Brew Kombucha (2019)
- Hops Golden Milk (2018)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade (2018)
- Rosewater (2018)
- Jasmine Flower Tea
- Candy Corn Lollipops
- Light Brown Sugar
- Yogurt-Dipped Blackberry Fruit Bars
- Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa
Would you have this Fresh Basil Flower Tea hot or iced?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- 2-3 fresh basil flowers, washed
- 1 kettle boiling water
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place washed fresh basil flowers in a teapot.
- When water is boiling, turn off the heat and pour the hot water over the fresh basil flowers in the teapot. Allow the tea to steep for a few minutes. If you let it steep too long it will get bitter. Enjoy! Add ice to make it iced tea.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.