This Fresh Basil Flower Tea is a great way to use up basil flowers and has a subtle mint-y, herb-y and refreshing flavor. (vegan, gluten-free)
Fresh Basil Flower Tea
Hi Everyone, I have been loving making this Fresh Basil Flower Tea. I always have basil flowers from my garden from my “basil forest” that has grown this Summer. I always prune the flowers to make the leaves grow and one day I realized I can use the flowers too because they are edible. They have more of a subtle flavor compared to the leaves, making them perfect for tea!
All you need is a few sprigs of fresh basil flowers from the garden and hot water.
I know you will love this Fresh Basil Flower Tea!
Our Other Tea & Drink Recipes
- Passion Flower Tea (2019)
- How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (2019)
- Heather Flower Tea (2019)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe (2018)
- Thai Iced Tea (2018)
- Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Fresh Mint Tea (2017)
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea (2016)
- Cold-Brewed Smashed Raspberry Honey Iced Tea (2015)
- Related: Home Brew Kombucha (2019)
- Hops Golden Milk (2018)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade (2018)
- Rosewater (2018)
- Jasmine Flower Tea
- Candy Corn Lollipops
- Light Brown Sugar
- Yogurt-Dipped Blackberry Fruit Bars
- Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa
- 2-3 fresh basil flowers, washed
- 1 kettle boiling water
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place washed fresh basil flowers in a teapot.
- When water is boiling, turn off heat and pour the hot water over the fresh basil flowers in the teapot. Allow the tea to steep for a few minutes. If you let it steep too long it will get bitter. Enjoy! Add ice to make it iced tea.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Would you have this Fresh Basil Flower Tea hot or iced? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓