Sugared Cranberries are sweet, tart and are wonderful as garnishes on cocktails, on appetizer boards, or on top desserts. They add a bright, red and festive flair to any table – plus they are easy to make with only 2 required ingredients on the stovetop!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Hi Everyone, you may have seen these sugared cranberries grace my recent Winter Charcuterie Board, well, I felt that they deserve their own recipe post because they are so useful & versatile, from drink garnishes to an appetizer or dessert topping option.
I love that they only have 2 required ingredients! I do leave the option of using brown sugar because of it’s full, warm flavor (it’s just a little “extra”) when cooking the fresh cranberries but that is completely optional. You can totally do this recipe with white granulated sugar. You could even be creative with different color, sparkling sugar – if you do let me know in the comments below and tell me how they work out!
In my recipe card at the bottom of the post, I have step-by-step photos showing a tutorial of exactly how to make these Sugared Cranberries. I don’t always have the step-by-step photos with every post, though I try to but I have them with this recipe 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for this Sugared Cranberries Recipe
All the kitchen tools that I use are now linked in my recipe cards at the bottom of the post. Here’s a list below of helpful kitchen tools for this recipe:
- medium saucepan
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- small bowl
- wire cooling rack
- rimmed aluminum baking sheet
If you try this Sugared Cranberries recipe, let me know in the comments below and tell me what you used them for!
More of Our Recipes and Posts
- Bran Muffins
- Lilac Flower Sugar
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mixture Recipe
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
- Almond Meringue Kisses
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar or the same amount dark brown sugar (I used brown sugar in the photos)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup, or more white granulated sugar to roll the cranberries in
- Prepare a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Wash the cranberries and remove any shriveled ones.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top over medium heat, bring water and sugar (white or dark brown) to boil. Allow the sugar to simmer for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the sugar-water mixture from the heat, slowly and carefully (because the sugar water mixture is hot!) add the cranberries in. Allow to sit for up to 1 minute and stir.
- Place the cranberries, using a slotted spoon, on the prepared wire rack. Allow to dry for 30 minutes.
- You can reserve the cranberry sugar syrup if you wish to use in cocktails.
- Put the 1 cup of white sugar in a bowl. When the cranberries are tacky to the touch, roll them in the white sugar.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
Ultra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pans Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads - Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 3gSugar: 62gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.