December 2020 Coffee Time – It’s Coffee Time and time for our monthly, life update check-in post.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
December 2020 Coffee Time
Hi Everyone, I hope your December is going well!
We are coming to the end of 2020 and it’s time to take a break from recipe posting and share my December 2020 Coffee Time post.
Speaking of recipes, I would love to know what recipes you are making, please let me know in the comments at the end of the post.
Holiday Shopping Ideas
Have you finished all your holiday shopping? I am almost finished, well, pretty much finished. This year it’s been almost entirely online because it’s the easiest option for me.
If you are looking for online shopping ideas, visit my Amazon Influencer Store (affiliate link) where I have posted my favorite kitchen and home items, Here
- Instant Pot Red Mashed Potatoes
- Pork Cabbage Potsticker Wonton Dumplings (Steamed or Fried)
- Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings
- 14 Healthy Recipes
- Beef Potsticker Wonton Dumplings Recipe (Steamed or Fried)
December – Christmas Holiday Traditions – New & Old
- Getting a fresh, cut Christmas Tree – this year was the first year we did this as a family and the kids loved it! My kids treated it like a pet and watered it – that is until it got knocked over and now I water it – so 2020, right? Luckily, only a few ornaments broke.
- Decorating the Christmas tree with our favorite family ornaments
- Making our favorite seasonal recipes: Cutout Sugar Cookies and Gingerbread Cutout Cookies.
- Watching A Charlie Brown Christmas (available on Apple+) – this year was the first time the kids watched it all together (and remembered, well the older two kids;) and we rewatched, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, Home Alone on Amazon Prime
- What are you making on Christmas Eve/Day? Will you do a full-on dinner, lots of appetizers, or just pizza? I love to do brunch-y food like classic Pancakes, Hot Chocolate (which also makes a great edible gift), and an almond nut roll recipe which I want to share on the blog soon. I think we may do a Christmas ham too! I feel like, for food, it’s like anything goes nowadays for Christmas. There are tons of traditional foods that I want to tackle for the blog like Yule Log (Buche de Noel), Crocembouche, Gingerbread House, Sugar Cookie House, Windowpane Cookies, Jam Thumbprints…this is such a great season for food.
See all our Coffee Time Posts
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!