Air Fryer Watermelon Radish Chips are an easy way to make a tasty, salty, healthy snack with only 3 required ingredients! These vibrant-colored hot pink and bright green chips are made with minimal oil in the Air Fryer. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Air Fryer Watermelon Radish Chips
Hi Everyone, these Air Fryer Watermelon Radish Chips are one of my FAVORITE ways to enjoy Watermelon Radishes when they are in season.
You can see their gorgeous, vibrant, hot pink color and bright green edges so well – aren’t they beautiful?
If you are not sure what to do with Watermelon Radish after you buy it, these chips are a great option!
This recipe is inspired by my Air Fryer Beet Chips recipe here on the blog.
I added more salt to this recipe because I felt like these root vegetables absorb the salt so well and taste good with a little extra salt.
Of course, you can put the amount of salt you want on them:)
When are Watermelon Radishes in Season?
Watermelon Radishes are available year round with them being most abundant (peak season) in the Spring and late Fall/Autumn.
What do Watermelon Radishes Taste Like?
Watermelon Radishes do not taste like watermelon even though they look like sliced watermelon. They taste like a regular radish but are usually more mild and less peppery.
When they are cooked, they taste even less peppery. Cooking takes much of the sharpness of their flavor out.
How many Watermelon Radishes should I use?
I used 1 bunch of Watermelon Radishes from my organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share box.
They weigh 10 ounces after they are peeled with the tops and tails removed.
Can I use another variety of Radish?
If you do not have Watermelon Radishes you can substitute regular/standard red and white radishes for this recipe – just keep the same amount (weight).
Recipes on the Blog Popular Now
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
- Sesame Chicken
- Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crème Brûlée
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
Here are some step-by-step photos for this recipe:
RELATED: Roasted Radishes
RELATED: Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries
RELATED: Butter Salt Thyme Honey Radishes
RELATED: Air Fryer French Fries
If you make these Watermelon Radish Chips and like them, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Peel radishes and then slice them with a mandolin slicer *make sure to use the guard and stop before the end of each radish, the blade is sharp!
- In a medium-large bowl, add the sliced watermelon radishes, add the olive oil, salt and pepper, mix until coated.
- Add the slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket, set the air fryer to 300-320 degrees and cook for 15 minutes and turn over, cook for another 15 minutes, turn and continue to cook, checking every 5-10 minute intervals until done. *they will shrink a lot and be careful not to let them get brown/burn them. Using tongs, pull out any chips that seem done as they cook and place them on a plate to cool. Sprinkle them with salt and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Dash DFAF455GBAQ01 Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature 6 qt Aqua
- HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
- Winco SCAL-820 20-Pound/9.09kg Scale with 8-Inch Dial
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Mueller Austria V-Pro Multi Blade Adjustable Mandoline Slicer and Vegetable Julienner with Precise Maximum Adjustability
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1076mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.