Butter Salt Thyme Honey Radishes are a delicious way to enjoy fresh, crisp radishes; sliced radishes, spread with unsalted butter, sprinkled with Kosher salt and fresh thyme leaves and drizzled with sweet, Wildflower honey.
Butter Salt Thyme Honey Radishes
Hi Everyone, radishes with butter and salt is one of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh radishes like these organic radishes from our CSA share box from Roots to River Farm.
I added fresh Thyme from our garden to add an aromatic, green element and sweet wildflower honey as sweetness to balance out the spicy taste of the radishes and the flakey Kosher salt.
Flakey sea salt or pink Himalayan salt would also be great with this.
These Butter Salt Thyme Honey Radishes are great for serving on an appetizer board as small bites for entertaining or just for snacking.
They are a great palate cleanser for between meals.
RELATED: Lilac Flower Honey
Making an herbed butter would be great to serve with radishes as well.
RELATED: Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
If you don’t have Kosher salt, you could try sea salt or Himalayan pink salt; those would also go well with radishes.
RELATED: Lemon Water With Honey (Hot)
When are radishes in season?
You see radishes in season in the Spring, there are radish varieties that ripen over the Summer and we also see radishes available during the end of Summer, Fall and are available in the Winter months.
They are usually available in the grocery store year round.
The fresh, seasonal radishes shown in these photos we got from our recent CSA organic share box for late Summer/early Fall/Autumn (Organic CSA Share Box Week 8).
I used the radish greens in a sauté to have with breakfast eggs. Radish greens are totally edible and a wonderful, spicy green, like mustard greens.
RELATED: Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
Step-by-Step Recipe Photos for Butter Salt Thyme Honey Radishes
RELATED: Organic CSA Share Box Week 8
My toddler son wanted to try the radishes (his hand in the above photo:)).
Recipes on the Blog Popular Now
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- [AD] Dairy-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- [AD] Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread
- Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
- Sesame Chicken
- Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crème Brûlée
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 12-14 (1 bunch) fresh radishes, washed, tails and greens cut *see notes on radish bunch size
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, or amount to taste
- Kosher salt, or sea salt, amount to taste
- fresh thyme leaves
- a drizzle of Wildflower honey
- Cut your prepared radishes into bite-size pieces.
- Spread butter on them and sprinkle flakey salt on the butter, add thyme leaves and drizzle with Wildflower honey, serve and enjoy!
- On Radish Bunch Size: Radishes in the grocery store usually have 12-14 individual radishes; I have found that the radish bunches from the CSA share are about half that, about 6-7 (shown in this post's photos) but are each larger in size and can be cut down into smaller bite size pieces
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Creative Hobbies 6 Inch Wood Honey Dipper Stick Server for Honey Jar Dispense Drizzle Honey New -Pack of 6
- eHomeA2Z Syrup Dispenser Honey Pot Glass Jar Commercial Quality With Cast Zink Top (1, 14 Oz)
- DOWAN 14-inch Porcelain Oval Platters/Serving Plates - 2Packs, White, Stackable
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 1.5kg/3.3lbs Tub
- Totally Bamboo Salt Box, Bamboo Storage Box with Magnetic Swivel Lid, "Salt" Engraved on Lid
- Morton Salt Kosher Salt, 3 lbs, Pack of 2
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1220mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 9gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.