Cherry Tomato Sweet Pepper Herbs Salad is a garden fresh salad with organic ingredients from our CSA share and fresh herbs straight from our kitchen garden. Top this flavorful and healthy salad with your favorite salad dressing!
Cherry Tomato Sweet Pepper Herbs Salad
Hi Everyone, I’m excited to share with you this Cherry Tomato Sweet Pepper Herbs Salad because it reflects what I’m actually making for my family right now which is salad, pretty much every night using fresh, seasonal produce mostly from our organic CSA and our kitchen garden.
I want to give some salad inspiration with produce that is in season now.
We do get some produce from the grocery store on our weekly grocery store trip but it’s usually to fill in what we need for certain recipes or just to stretch between our CSA box pickups.
RELATED: Red Potato Salad with Dill
Have you been seeing our CSA Share boxes that I’ve been sharing on the blog? If not you can catch up below:
- Organic CSA Box Week 1
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 2
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 3
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 4
If you are wondering what those white flowers are in there, they are Cilantro flowers from my garden. The heat and humility has caused the cilantro to shoot up tall. You can eat cilantro flowers just like the leaves and they taste the same. I think they are so pretty on a salad 🙂
RELATED: How to Roast a Chicken, Irish Coffee
I used a lot of basil in this salad, I would normally throw in some mint as I do with most of my salads lately but mint and basil are pretty similar so I opted not to use mint this time.
If you don’t normally put mint (or basil) in your salad, try it out, it adds so much flavor and gives the salad a freshness, it would not normally have.
RELATED: Roots to River Farm CSA
I added a couple of Thyme sprigs, I tore off the leaves when serving; Thyme is a strong herb and so I go lightly with this one especially because there are other herbs at play in this salad.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
New Kitchen Tool – Salad Dressing Shaker
I got an OXO Salad Dressing Shaker and it’s my new favorite kitchen toy! I love that my hands don’t get greasy making salad dressing anymore. I used to use a mason jar before getting the salad shaker – which is fine – but this has a pour spout.
I keep the leftover dressing in the shaker in the refrigerator. I also linked to it in the recipe card at the end of the post.
RELATED: How to Make Kale Chips and Air Fryer Kale Chips and Egg In a Hole Bagel
I use a simple, homemade vinaigrette with olive oil, soy sauce, garlic (optional), some Balsamic vinegar Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
If you try and like this Cherry Tomato Sweet Pepper Herbs Salad recipe, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Caprese Pizza, Cold Brew Iced Coffee
RELATED: Tuna Salad Recipe and Hops Flower Tea
- 1 Romaine lettuce head, chopped
- 1/2 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 yellow or sweet onion sliced thin
- 2-4 sweet green peppers, sliced
- Basil, amount to taste
- 2 sprigs Thyme leaves, amount to taste
- Parsley, amount to taste
- Cilantro and/or cilantro flowers, amount to taste
- Mint, amount to taste
- a pinch of Kosher salt or amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or amount to taste
- Croutons, optional
- Top with your favorite dressing, amount to tasteI usually use a simple vinaigrette to let the greens and herbs' flavors shine through
- In a large salad bowl, add prepped Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced onion and green peppers. Add desired herbs, amount to taste. Optional, add Kosher salt and fresh, ground pepper. Serve and top with your favorite dressing, enjoy!
- Storage: Store in an air tight container, in the refrigerator, up to 3 days
- The salad dressing that I use: I use a simple, homemade vinaigrette with olive oil, soy sauce, garlic (optional), some Balsamic vinegar Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I mix it all in my OXO Salad shaker, linked below.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
Delling 8 in Ultralight Ceramic Dessert/Appetizer Plates, Rectangular Salad Plates for Fruit, Cheese, Dessert, Lunch and More - Set of 6, White
OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Black
Aidea Acacia Wooden Salad Bowl - 12.5 Inch Hardwood with Servers Set Big Salad Bowl 3-Piece Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
MUELLER Large 5L Salad Spinner Vegetable Washer with Bowl, Anti-Wobble Tech, Lockable Colander Basket and Smart Lock Lid - Lettuce Washer and Dryer - Easy Water Drain System and Compact Storage
OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner, Large
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.