How To Roast Garlic – learn how to roast garlic! It’s easy to do and the roasted garlic flavor can be spread on toast or added to salads, marinades, or any meal!
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
How To Roast Garlic
Hi Everyone, Eric and I try to include garlic in our diets every day.
Roasting garlic is a great way to have garlic.
It takes the edge or bites out of the garlic, it’s flavorful and aromatic and can greatly enhance whatever you are having.
Your kitchen will smell amazing as your whole roasted garlic roasted in the oven!
Wouldn’t this be something great to include in a tapas or cheese board?
- olive oil (regular)
- Kosher salt (optional)
- fresh ground pepper (optional
- aluminum foil
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
I know you will love this roasted garlic!
This post is inspired by How To Roast Garlic in the Oven from the kitchn.com
- How to Make Half and Half
- Pan-Fried Fairytale Eggplant
- Wacky Cake
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
- Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Sautéed Beet Greens
- Olive Oil Carrots
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
- Shredded Carrot Roasted Garlic Hummus Wrap
- Lemon Chicken Piccata Penne Pasta
- Roasted Green Beans
- Skillet Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
- Maple Honey Roasted Pecan Cream Cheese
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
This post was originally published on 1/3/2018 and updated and republished on 3/19/2021
- 1 head whole garlic head, or more, remove the excess loose peel, cut 1/4 inch off the tip
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil, regular, just needs to be a drizzle, amount depending on the size of the garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove excess loose outer peel and discard. Cut 1/4 inch off the tips of the garlic. Drizzle with regular olive oil and wrap completely with a piece of aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or more depending on how darkly roasted you want it.
- Use as a spread on bread, in salad dressings, marinades, or to flavor a meal, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil (200 Square Foot Roll)
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Muffin Pan, 12 Cup
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.