Dark Brown Sugar is so easy to make with just 2 ingredients: Granulated White Sugar and Molasses. It comes out light and fluffy and is sure to make your baked goods and other recipes delicious with this homemade sugar recipe!
Dark Brown Sugar
Hi Everyone, this Dark Brown Sugar recipe tutorial is the follow up to my last post on Light Brown Sugar. These recipes are so easy and they come out so well that you are not going to want to buy store-bought brown sugar again.
In fact, I now make my own Light and Dark Brown Sugar with regular granulated white sugar and molasses and it couldn’t be easier!
I made sure to include step-by-step recipe photos to walk you through this super easy process of making your own Dark Brown Sugar below and in the recipe card.
RELATED: Baked Ham
What do you need to make Dark Brown Sugar?
All you need is just 2 ingredients for this recipe: Granulated White Sugar and Molasses.
RELATED: Apple Crisp and Lilac Recipes Collection
RELATED: Cocoa Cinnamon Sugar Spice Mixture
RELATED: Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup
RELATED: Peanut Butter Blossoms
RELATED: Strawberry Lemonade and Rosewater Lemonade
RELATED: Chocolate Strawberry Lassi and Peach Cobbler Recipe
RELATED: Homemade Zucchini Bread Recipe and Candy Corn Lollipops
RELATED: Puff Pastry Baked Brie and Lilac Flower Simple Syrup
RELATED: Apple Bundt Cake and Lilac Flower Honey
RELATED: Sriracha Mayonnaise and Lilac Flower Sugar
RELATED: Lilac Flower Tea
RELATED: Bran Muffins and Rosemary-Infused Cranberry Sauce and Watermelon Bowl
RELATED: Marshmallows and Homemade Beef and Broccoli over Brown Rice
If you try this Dark Brown Sugar recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Ginger Golden Milk
- In a small-medium bowl, add granulated white sugar and 2 tablespoons molasses, stir to combines. It can be easier to mix with your (clean) hands.
- Store in an air-tight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Prep Solutions by Progressive Brown Sugar Keeper with Lid, 1.5 Quarts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 0gSugar: 58gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.