Organic CSA Share Box Week 9 – Sharing my bi-weekly, CSA share box from Roots to River Farm (Early October).
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Organic CSA Share Box Week 9
Hi Everyone, it’s time to share about our bi-weekly, local, organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share from Roots to River Farm.
I love Fall/Autumn produce and this week we have root vegetables galore!
Did you see my last post on our last share box?
If not, you can catch it here, Organic CSA Share Box Week 8, and our previous weeks:
- Organic CSA Box Week 1
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 2
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 3
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 4
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 5
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 6
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 7
WHAT WAS IN OUR SHARE THIS WEEK
Every other week, I pick 5 items to be in my CSA box share, here’s what I picked for this week:
- Purple Daikon Radish – bunch – We made Roasted Radishes
- Purple Kohlrabi – 3 bulbs with greens, thinking about making Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries or Roasted Kohlrabi
- Baby Red Russian Kale – bag – I made a delicious Massaged Kale Salad and put some of those Roasted Radishes on top with a drizzle of soy sauce
- Napa Cabbage – 1 head – thinking about making Cabbage Steaks
- Watermelon Radish – 1 bunch – thinking about making Air Fryer Watermelon Radish Chips
I would love to know what seasonal produce you get in your area from your local farms and what you like to make with it.
I want to share some recent recipes on the blog:
- Instant Pot Beets
- Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Apple Carrot Raisin Massaged Kale Salad
- Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
- Sautéed Shishito Peppers
- Tomato Salad
- Basil Pesto
What would you make from this produce? Let me know in the comments below.
Thank you for reading and following along!