Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Thanksgiving Menu 2022 – Time to share our Thanksgiving 2022 menu! We are sharing how we made the turkey, what sides we included, links to the same recipes here on our blog, and some thoughts on the day.
Table of contents
Thanksgiving Menu 2022
Hi Everyone, I’m sharing what we had for our Thanksgiving 2022 dinner. The recipes that I list are recipes that I made, food that I included (perhaps store-bought), and recipes that the family brought to the dinner as well.
I hope that this gives you some recipe ideas to include in your future Thanksgiving menu and it’s always fun to know what everyone likes to make on Thanksgiving.
I always take notes while I prepare for Thanksgiving, notes on individual recipes, and during the day as a record of what to do better for the next Thanksgiving.
We had a relatively small group this year, just our family of 5 and my in-laws over. I didn’t feel the need to make every Thanksgiving recipe under the sun. We had plenty of food for dinner and for leftovers. I love leftovers. Still, I would have loved to include a sweet potato or squash dish which I would normally have growing up and which would be a classic part of a traditional New England Thanksgiving dinner.
I would have also liked to have an apple pie, I’m currently working on a Dutch Apple Pie recipe to share on the blog which I made for last year’s Thanksgiving dinner and it was great.
I usually have apple pie but we had plenty of dessert with the 2 pies with whipped cream and the cookies that we did have. I have my eye on making a homemade apple pie for the Christmas season though!
I would love to know what is your favorite way of making the turkey. That’s something that always seems to change with trends and some people stick to their tried and true methods.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes, desserts, and appetizers?
Please share your experiences and thoughts in the comments at the end of the post!
- Veggie Tray with Hummus, Crackers, Honey Goat Cheese, Proscuitto, and an olive assortment – Check out our Burrata Charcuterie Board, and Dips Recipes Collection for recipe inspiration!
- Hawaiian Rolls – we had our favorite store-bought brand, King’s Hawaiian brand sweet rolls. Check out our Parker House Rolls recipe for something similar!
- Homemade Dinner Bread – Ale, my mother-in-law’s husband, brought some homemade bread that he made. Check out our standby, No-Knead Bread recipe and our Bread Recipes Collection for bread recipe inspiration!
- Cornbread (also called, “Johnny Cake,” see Jiffy Cornbread Johnny Cake)- This is a fun recipe that the kids can participate in making
- Roasted Turkey – this year, I did a coating of baking soda (in addition to a dry brine) to get really crispy skin and it worked! I will experiment more and perhaps make a recipe for Roasted Turkey with Baking Soda for the blog in the future.
Sauces & Condiments
- Homemade Turkey Gravy – This is a staple that I make every year after roasting the turkey, I use the pan drippings to make the perfect turkey gravy recipe!
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce – My mother-in-law, Linda, usually makes a homemade cranberry sauce that she brings every year. We have a Rosemary-Infused Cranberry Sauce recipe, here on the blog.
- Massaged Kale Salad – Kale is a favorite vegetable in our household, so it deserved a place on the Thanksgiving table
- Instant Pot Mashed (Whipped) Potatoes – This is something new that I tried and I am eager to share this recipe on the blog
- Homemade Stuffing Dressing Recipe – this is another Thanksgiving side dish must-have recipe!
- Homemade Scalloped Potatoes – One of my husband’s favorites, we like to have this side dish every year
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole – this is a personal favorite, this year I experimented with making it with frozen green beans as opposed to fresh, because that’s what I had and you know what, it was delicious as ever!
- Red wine
- White wine
- Fresh Coffee with dessert
- Chocolate Pie with whipped cream (for a vegan version, check out, Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream and Frosting) – This is a Homemade Chocolate Pudding Pie recipe that I am working on for the blog, I hope to share it when it’s ready, for something similar, you can try, Chocolate Chess Pie
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream – My mother-in-law, Linda, brought a delicious, homemade pumpkin pie she made.
- Gingerbread Cookies – I included store-bought gingerbread people cookies to go with the dessert and coffee
Our Other Recipes & Posts
If you like this post, check out our other related recipes & posts here on the blog:
- How to Plan Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Guide
- Thanksgiving Sides Recipes Collection
- Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe Collection
- Thanksgiving Menu (2017)
- 2019 Thanksgiving Photo Diary
- Turkey Leftovers Recipes
Check out our latest recipes & updated posts here on the blog:
- Christmas M&M Cookies
- Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Donut Christmas Tree
- Stamped Sugar Cookies
- Tom Hanks Diet Coke Champagne Cocktail (The Diet Cokagne)
If you make any of these recipes, and like them, please give them a rating in the recipe card in their blog posts and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- First published: 11/25/2022