Eggs with Sautéed Radish Greens and Toast has fresh radishes with butter and salt, buttery, toasted no-knead bread, two fried eggs (or however you wish!), and nutritious radish greens. You can cook everything all in a cast-iron skillet or separately.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Eggs with Sautéed Radish Greens and Toast
Hi Everyone, how are your breakfast or brunch goals these days?
Honestly, there are some days where a cup of hot coffee is all I want.
There are other days when I need nutrition, balance, and protein to feed my body.
We get these gorgeous radishes in our organic CSA share box from our local Roots to River farm and let me tell you, with seasonal produce like this, it’s not hard thinking of ways to use them.
RELATED: Roasted Radishes
RELATED: Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
With this breakfast or brunch (well, heck, maybe even dinner!), the combination of ingredients which bring to the fore the mighty radish (and it’s green) are not just beautiful but unexpected and delightful.
Why not have radishes and their greens with breakfast? A runny yolk goes amazingly with them! Let’s balance it all with some delicious homemade bread too!
Because we are all expert home breadmakers now, right?
RELATED: Air Fryer Watermelon Radish Chips
Start to finish, this breakfast takes no longer than it would normally take to make your eggs and toast – providing you already have the bread – but it has GREENS!
This Eggs with Sautéed Radish Greens and Toast includes the amazing seasonal, local produce that is available from farmer’s markets or if you don’t have a farmers market, you can get the radishes (often with the greens) at the produce section of the grocery store.
And if you grow your own radishes, which are not difficult to grow, you definitely get bonus points!
RELATED: Organic CSA Share Box Week 10
If you like this Eggs with Sautéed Radish Greens and Toast recipe you might like these Recipes on the Blog Popular Now
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
- Sesame Chicken
- Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crème Brûlée
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
If you make this recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card at the end of the post and let us know in the comments at the end of the page.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for frying, more if needed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bunch (2 ounces) radish greens, washed and optionally chopped
- 1 slice of no-knead bread
- 2-3 fresh radishes, whole or halved
- 1-2 teaspoons unsalted butter for bread and radishes
- Kosher salt, amount to taste, for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- Wash and cut up the radishes, removing the greens from the top, and removing the tails from the root. In a large, cast-iron skillet, add the unsalted butter and melt over low, medium heat. Add the eggs to one side and the radish greens on the other. If your skillet is small, you can cook the food one ingredient at a time.
- When the eggs and greens are cooked to your liking, remove them to your plate. Toast the bread in the skillet, adding more butter, if needed. Toast until golden. Serve the toast with your radish greens, eggs and radishes, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 1.5kg/3.3lbs Tub
- Totally Bamboo Salt Box, Bamboo Storage Box with Magnetic Swivel Lid, "Salt" Engraved on Lid
- Morton Salt Kosher Salt, 3 lbs, Pack of 2
- OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
- Wooden Spatula for Cooking 12 Inch Kitchen Utensil - Handmade Thin Walnut Wood Saute Spatula, Multipurpose Premium Flat Wooden Spatula, Perfect for Flipping, Scraping, Sauteing, Turning
- OXO 1063494 Good Grips Turner, Spatula, and Tongs Set - Safe for Nonstick Cookware,3 Piece
- Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 453mgSodium: 1028mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.