Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Ah, the smell of snow and the feeling of prickly cold in your face and hands. Winter is here! This means we want nothing but delicious soups to warm us up, hot drinks to bring down our temperatures, and lunch that will complement the cold season.
We all know that there has been a common misconception that fresh produce goes nearly out in winter. Even though your farmer’s market isn’t operating as much as it used to in the warmer months, doesn’t mean that you can’t create delicious and healthy food for your family.
We hope this list gives you plenty of inspiration for the meals you’ll be making this winter!
WHAT TO COOK THIS WINTER
There are various types of root vegetables available during this season. There are squash, apples, pumpkins, collard greens, citrus, mushrooms, and plenty more!
So don’t tell yourself that there are no available options because there are!
Here’s a huge list to help give you some recipe ideas.
This list of Winter recipes includes different healthy salads for you to choose from, easy main dishes for the cold evenings, healthy snacks to keep your tummy full throughout the day, and so much more!
We also added in some slow cooker recipes and sweet treats to balance it all out.
Keep reading to learn what these recipes are!
Winter Dates to Remember (2022-23)
- International Day of People with Disabilities and World Conservation Day is Sunday, December 3rd
- World Braille Day is Thursday, January 4th
- World War Orphans Day is Saturday, January 6th
- World Cancer Day is Sunday, February 4th
- International Day Against Female Genital Mutilation is Tuesday, January 6th
Popular Winter Recipes
These are recipes and posts that are popular on the blog and popular searches for Winter.
*I will update this list throughout the month and year!
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Latte
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea
- Hops Flower Tea
- Home Brew Kombucha
- Heather Flower Tea
- White Chocolate Caramel Caffè Mocha
Salad & Sides
- Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot Ham Vegetable Soup
- Split Pea Soup Recipe
- Easy Ramen Soup Recipe
- Egg Carrot Salad
- Red Potato Salad with Dill
- Turkey Meatballs
- 5-Ingredient White Pizza
- Cranberry Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Chicken Pot Pie Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Lemon Chicken Piccata Penne Pasta
- Walnut Cranberry Raisin Pull Apart Bread (Dairy-Free Option)
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- One-Pan Peanut Butter Cup Oreo No Bake Cheesecake
- Tiramisu Chia Pudding
Desserts & Sweets
- Mason Jar Tiramisu Trifle
- No-Bake Mason Jar Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- Pumpkin Pie Butterfinger Brownie Bars
- Oatmeal Cookie Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
Toppings & Condiments
- How To Make Pumpkin Spice Mix
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Balsamic Marinated Baked Portobello Mushrooms
- Macerated Triple Berry Topping
- Lemon Dijon Dressing
There are additional recipes & links in the list card below.
- Beet Salad
- Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How to Reduce Food Waste
- How to Make Compost from Kitchen Waste
- How to Reduce Plastic Use in The Kitchen
Let us know if you try any of the recipes in the comments at the end of the post!
- This post was originally published on 5/13/2022